Parking

Hawkfan3318

Where do many of you guys park before the game?

Also, what time does Finkbine open up for parking, how much does it cost to park there, and what time does it usually fill up by?

I'll bump this up by asking my own parking question :)

I have a 1F parking permit for the Ia State game and am wondering if someone like me who is clueless about streets and parking in Ia City, would be better off parking out at the mall and taking the Hawkeye Express ,or is there 1F parking I can find without too many problems 90 minutes before the game? Trip is a present for my wife and I am looking to make it as painless as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

I'll bump this up by asking my own parking question :)

I have a 1F parking permit for the Ia State game and am wondering if someone like me who is clueless about streets and parking in Ia City, would be better off parking out at the mall and taking the Hawkeye Express ,or is there 1F parking I can find without too many problems 90 minutes before the game? Trip is a present for my wife and I am looking to make it as painless as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Park and take the Express...because 90 minutes before game time will be a MAJOR MESS. Remember last time ISUCK was in town there was supposedly 50000 fans that were there just to tailgate. I haven't seen it so busy for an opening game as it was this year...crazy.

Go to Hancher.

You can tailgate there (not sure about the cops though)

2 hours before gametime, free Cambus's run to and from Kinnick. They run up to an hour after the game. 5 minute walk to Kinnick.

Park and take the Express...because 90 minutes before game time will be a MAJOR MESS. Remember last time ISUCK was in town there was supposedly 50000 fans that were there just to tailgate. I haven't seen it so busy for an opening game as it was this year...crazy.

Thanks loesshillshawk. Taking the Express was my initial thought. If its that crazy when you know where you are going, I can't imagine me fighting the traffic with cops yelling at me that I'm going the wrong way.

We haven't been to a game since 1985, this should be a great time!

Agreed completely.

In 2006, I spent no less than 1.5-2 hours simply trying to get from I-80/I-380 into Kinnick. Totally sucked. Melrose was wall-to-wall bodies. I remember vividly thinking that I was bound to run over someone trying to drive anywhere close to the stadium. In all reality, I had bodies rubbing up against both sides of my car for a good 10 blocks or so. Impossible.

Latest posts