Parker

The second fumble was a helmet on the ball. Probably wouldn't have been frowned upon too much if he hadn't already fumbled once.

Please don't create threads calling players out. You're going to get banned over this if Jon follows his rules.

I'm not ready to give upon this young man.

Obviously he's gotta learn to hold onto the ball but he seems to be a big play threat.

I like him as a returner and I'd like to see if he could return punts.

On offense he probably can't offer much more than the surprise end around or a decoy so maybe he can be a key on special teams.

But of course my opinion doesn't matter and if he can't hold onto the ball it doesn't matter how fast he is.

Yes, he is a very talented player. I look forward to seeing his Iowa career. The fumble on the hand off may have not been entirely his fault either.

I don't want to dog on the kid too much. However, was he the second RB in the game today?

He was the second RB in the game. He came in with Beathard for the series. It's obvious Iowa had a package for Parker and Beathard in the game at the same time, and it was fun to watch. Several zone-/read snaps out of the shotgun. Iowa even threw in the PA fake to Parker on the zone read and then hit a wide-open Hamilton for 12 yards.

For as much heat as the coaches take, it's too bad Powell couldn't have pulled in the TD catch and Parker had the fumbles. The package with Parker/Beathard was a very nice change of pace, and Iowa was featuring Parker again in the regular offense on the jet sweep until he just plain dropped the ball. We probably won't see Parker again for a bit, but I hope he doesn't just get banished to the bench the rest of the year. The dude can run, and adds an element Iowa really can use in the backfield. Beathard is an interesting talent, and I liked the bit I saw today. I also like what I've seen out of Rudock in both games.

Hawks need to decide what their identity is and go with it. Both QB's look much more comfortable in the gun. At this point, when the QB's line up under center the defense sells out to stop the run and Iowa (to date) can't make them pay. Willies/Smith are more impressive every game they play. More of them please.

He was the second RB in the game. He came in with Beathard for the series. It's obvious Iowa had a package for Parker and Beathard in the game at the same time, and it was fun to watch. Several zone-/read snaps out of the shotgun. Iowa even threw in the PA fake to Parker on the zone read and then hit a wide-open Hamilton for 12 yards.

For as much heat as the coaches take, it's too bad Powell couldn't have pulled in the TD catch and Parker had the fumbles. The package with Parker/Beathard was a very nice change of pace, and Iowa was featuring Parker again in the regular offense on the jet sweep until he just plain dropped the ball. We probably won't see Parker again for a bit, but I hope he doesn't just get banished to the bench the rest of the year. The dude can run, and adds an element Iowa really can use in the backfield. Beathard is an interesting talent, and I liked the bit I saw today. I also like what I've seen out of Rudock in both games.

Hawks need to decide what their identity is and go with it. Both QB's look much more comfortable in the gun. At this point, when the QB's line up under center the defense sells out to stop the run and Iowa (to date) can't make them pay. Willies/Smith are more impressive every game they play. More of them please.

Reading KFs post game pressed I think we see him again soon....he's apparently been killing it in practice and he brings a dynamic that no other RB brings....now, if it happens again, he's probably done for awhile...

If he doesn't see the field for a long time, it won't be because of the fumbles (as others have stated, they may not be able to be put ENTIRELY on him). It'll be because of his antics AFTER his second fumble. It nearly cost the team 15 yds, for taking his helmet off at mid-field and throwing a tantrum.

Yeah, ya gotta keep your cool, kid.

Latest posts