Pandemic Pay cuts

Especially the one on this thread who only comes out of the woodwork during the off season to troll people on politics and give tin hat economics lectures. ;)
Historically you are all wrong. Besides, I've never had an alt like some on here :

Kinda cheap talk. ISU Extension has professional positions they try and hire for at the same level as 2012 and a number of hard working educators haven't
Seen a pay increase in years. IL Extension laid off the entire ag team of 65 10 years ago and just a handful of jobs came back while the Pres took big pay hikes to 750 k to bolster his retirement. We are smoking Higher ed at the front line level. Schools give student jobs to internationals to qualify visa status as international students are bigger profit centers. The system is broken and KF is a sign of it.
I dont care about any of those people. I dont watch them on Saturdays or join message boards. They will figure it out for themselves. That's their business. My business is to take care of my end and cheer on the Hawks. With high levels of education and advances in technology there's no reason to think they can't live to be 200-300 yrs old.

Really? Ferentz makes like 4 million a year! Many Iowa fans lost their jobs and much more during this past awful year of Pandemic. Ferentz has probably made between 50 and 70 million in his years at Iowa. He isnt some truck driver or teacher or secretary or other everyday kind of person. He is a very wealthy man who at this point could use some positive public relations.
Like i said I have always been a Ferentz fan and he has given back to the University but he should have made a gesture by reducing his enormous salary.
Wrong. He has a contract. Both ends signed it. Both ends have the right to hold the other to it. Go get his job and give back if you see fit to do so. It's super easy to give away other people's money. Super easy. Except for one Monty Brewster.

I dont care about any of those people. I dont watch them on Saturdays or join message boards. They will figure it out for themselves. That's their business. My business is to take care of my end and cheer on the Hawks. With high levels of education and advances in technology there's no reason to think they can't live to be 200-300 yrs old.
Katniss says hi
1622686465491.png

I'll proudly say I don't have a clue what you mean. Cool 1 Nerds 0.
While I would definitely consider myself a nerd when it comes to movies, I'm struggling to figure out how this relates to your post in any whatsoever also. Is Katniss 200-300 years old or something and I missed that?

Nice of you to call Gold cool though!

While I would definitely consider myself a nerd when it comes to movies, I'm struggling to figure out how this relates to your post in any whatsoever also. Is Katniss 200-300 years old or something and I missed that?

Nice of you to call Gold cool though!
I'll try and explain. He said he didn't care about employees...aka people and only cared about the games....or something like that. Therefore the Hunger Games theme.

I'll try and explain. He said he didn't care about employees...aka people and only cared about the games....or something like that. Therefore the Hunger Games

I'll try and explain. He said he didn't care about employees...aka people and only cared about the games....or something like that. Therefore the Hunger Games theme.
If there were only a meme of KF making it rain with dolla dolla bills yo...it would be inserted here.

Really? Ferentz makes like 4 million a year! Many Iowa fans lost their jobs and much more during this past awful year of Pandemic. Ferentz has probably made between 50 and 70 million in his years at Iowa. He isnt some truck driver or teacher or secretary or other everyday kind of person. He is a very wealthy man who at this point could use some positive public relations.
Like i said I have always been a Ferentz fan and he has given back to the University but he should have made a gesture by reducing his enormous salary.
First of all I think he was always going to do that. Barta and the PR folks at Iowa are a joke as Rob pointed out with how they go about doing things. I doubt KF wasn't going to do anything.

Now that said if he didn't want to then I guess that'd be his prerogative. They have contracts for a reason on both sides. The next thing is who gets to decide if how much he gives back/doesn't take is enough or not? PR wise I mean there's no making everyone happy with that. He'd have to damn near forgo it all for that to happen.

It's called earning it. We pay. He earns. The market and his performance dictates his salary/income. Study a playbook and apply if you want to decide what an Iowa Football HC should do with his/her money.

Latest posts