Painter to Missouri

spliff45

saw a couple of tweets that this is happening. Teddy Greenstein is saying 7 yrs $14 mil. There's also another tweet by an editor of a Fort Wayne paper saying Paul Lusk will replace Painter.

Teddy retweeted Dick Weiss' tweet...Dick 'Hoops' Weiss is someone I have been reading since the 1980's when I subscribed to The Basketball Times...he has been covering college hoops longer than I have been alive.

This will floor me, and be a horrible PR hit for Purdue. You can't lose a favorite son to Mizzou...you mean to tell me they wouldn't pay him two mil a year?

This doesn't make sense, and I am not sure I am buying it yet...and there is no way they will have already settled on Paul Lusk. I like Paul he was a friend of mine in college, but public schools can;t move that fast.

If this is true, PU AD should be fired. Painter has done the same kind of rebuild @ Purdue as KF did at Iowa. Can't imagine that our AD would let KF go for that kind of deal.

I've heard that the Purdue AD has a hardline approach to spending and if Painter were to get a raise, it wouldn't be much more than what he makes now. I think Painter feels like he isn't appreciated and he wants to see what kind of commitment Mizzou makes to basketball.

Maybe that is true about their AD's hard line. I guess that is why they got the FB coach they have and why they suck at most other sports.

Alford to Purdue? Would he dare stick it to his school that stuck it to his head coach in favor of joining their biggest rival? That would be entertaining to see.

Latest posts