Paging JD Miller

LOL almost every post on that page is in the "the new forums are turrrble" thread.
Yep yep yep, seems ol' Chrissy really belted it out of the park for his followers. :rolleyes:

Haters gonna hate.

It will be no different here...you probably make at least 100 visits to the site per day (gracias)...you don't think that layout changes aren't going to screw with your head for a while? These places get to be like old baseball gloves..well oiled, the mind is used to seeing one thing. Change results in complaining. It goes with the territory.

I just think that to change you need to give people more than what they have, or protect them from security issues, or both. That's what vBulletin 4.2 does.

I am looking into all the bells and whistles it will have for us over what we have now, so I can educate everyone on why it will be better received, eventually. But at first, there will be some folks vocalizing their displeasure.

That said, the ad layout on our forums will be similar to what it is now, if not fewer ads. The video player ad in the content pages will allow me to reduce the number of ads on the forums, where everyone hangs out the most.

If I could get everyone who visits here each day to read every content item we produce, which means delivering the video ad each time, I'd consider getting rid of all but three forum ads.

I get what you're saying, Jon, and I know you'll have to endure some grief while that certain type of regular poster "gets used to" a new format, but I promise you won't take any guff from me. I could probably give you a list of who will be squawking the loudest, and I'd likely be scary accurate, but that's not the point.
I am one with le intertoobz, and I visit a bushel-basket full of sites on a reg'lar basis. Format changes are a routine part of the fabric.
As I said earlier...can't wait!

Will crass jokes about dead Cyclone athletes still be allowed on the new site?

Stop hounding JD. He knows what you're after, but it's not going to happen.
It's not a red-card offense. Deal with it.

Stop hounding JD. He knows what you're after, but it's not going to happen.
It's not a red-card offense. Deal with it.

It makes you look like as much of a tool as the guy who thought alcoholism or a car accident is funny, so why in the hell can't you police yourself? Honest question.

It makes you look like as much of a tool as the guy who thought alcoholism or a car accident is funny, so why in the hell can't you police yourself? Honest question.

Do you think that I care about your opinion of how I "look" on a message board?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJk_ts_hEkg&feature=player_embedded]State of the nations - YouTube[/ame]

Ahhhh, Travisam. Dude is a genius.
"you have a voice for newspaper" LOL