Pac-12 working on deal for Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech - ESPN

I am betting Oklahoma is going to announce they are looking at options (aka applying to Pac12) which Texas will then announce same. No way does Texas stay with no Oklahoma...

Doesn't the Pac-12 have to have unanimous consent from current chancellors/presidents to add any new team? If so, I won't believe those four teams will be in the Pac until an announcement is made.

As much as I mock ISU I do hope they find a home somewhere. It was absolutely reprehensible in my opinion for them to do all of the upgrades to their stadium with the obvious flimsy Big 12 situation, but if they lost all of the revenue of an AQ conference it would be a big problem for them and the state of Iowa in general. That being said, I hope they continue to stink because I think a bad ISU program is good for Iowa.

As much as I mock ISU I do hope they find a home somewhere. It was absolutely reprehensible in my opinion for them to do all of the upgrades to their stadium with the obvious flimsy Big 12 situation, but if they lost all of the revenue of an AQ conference it would be a big problem for them and the state of Iowa in general. That being said, I hope they continue to stink because I think a bad ISU program is good for Iowa.

As a (okay, former) Iowa taxpayer, I find it reprehensible that ISU could accumulate $40 million in debt in the 3 months or whatever since the new tv contract was agreed upon.

i agree with this 100%. them spending money based on the current situation/revenue when that is likely to change is a Folly. :)

(hmmmm, i'm sure there is a word for what i just did there, but it escapes me now)

Latest posts