Over/Under on Hawkeyes drafted

6 1/2 ??

What'd I miss? I haven't followed the eval process / mock drafts that closely, but last I knew there are only 2 guys sure to hear their name. Then 3 "maybe"s (Wadley, Welch, Jewell). The rest are doubtful.

6 1/2 ??

What'd I miss? I haven't followed the eval process / mock drafts that closely, but last I knew there are only 2 guys sure to hear their name. Then 3 "maybe"s (Wadley, Welch, Jewell). The rest are doubtful.

I've seen mocks with Jewell as high as a third rounder. Doubt he's a maybe. I've seen Wadley in the 5th round neighborhood and Welsh 6th so maybe those could be "maybes" I suppose.

There are definitely some deals to be made.
However, I would say that from freshman to Sr, this has to be the biggest pro team I've seen Iowa put together as a whole.
Current, I would say don't sleep on AK. I get Josh and Daniels.
AK does need some weight, but he is good.
I mean like he sees it type good. Another Russell Wilson type player.
I would be surprised if he doesn't move up the board a little.
That's 3.
But you know a later round lineman out of Iowa is always a fairly safe bet.
So idk about six. Convince me. (Which is why linemen always do best staying in the system and learning the game and building size and strength.)

I've seen mocks with Jewell as high as a third rounder. Doubt he's a maybe. I've seen Wadley in the 5th round neighborhood and Welsh 6th so maybe those could be "maybes" I suppose.
JJ will go. Not a Greenway but he will go.
That's 4.
I will defer on Welsh, but only from lack of knowledge.
One sleeper brings us to...... 6
I'll take the under.

What about that qb out of Wyoming? I seen the Browns are making a play on him. Personally if I had the ear of the Vikings, I would make a play as well.
I wouldn't go higher than about the third even if I was looking, because he does need time and work, very unpolished. But might have what it takes.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-has-shot-at-schools-modern-day-nfl-draft-record

Here is a good read from land of 10. The short of it, Jackson, Daniels, Jewell, Wadley, and Walsh are all locks to be drafted. Niemann is getting a lot of interest as a late pick. Both Boettgner and Meyers are healthy and have a day 3 rating. Bo Bower even getting looks.

The modern draft record for Hawkeyes drafted is 6. There is a good chance we will at least tie this record and potentially break it.

Latest posts