Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Over 150 but under 175

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Over 175 but under 200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 200

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Coker is going to run into a lot of piles and miss a lot of holes. But he is also going to chip off a lot of piles and make some big runs. Won't be ARob's 4 and 5 yards a clip, but the end result will end up being similar.

I see Coker splitting carries with Rogers, which will keep his total yards down. Also i feel like with Arob out we will pass more from the beginning which will also keep total yardage down. I voted for less than 100 for Coker. Team rushing totals around 150.

I think it's safe to say that everytime he touches the ball Indiana will be attempting to strip the ball with everything they have. I say he runs for 90 yards but with an average of 3/ypc and 2 fumbles. Rick will force some throws trying to do too much and throw some picks. Indiana will play a lot of schemes that won't allow much in the passing game. This is a tougher game now but Iowa still wins 31-24.

Look for Coker to have a huge day. Playing behind our O line against this defense, he will have a lot of fun. I also think DJK and McNutt will have over 200 yards receiving this game.

I think it's safe to say that everytime he touches the ball Indiana will be attempting to strip the ball with everything they have. I say he runs for 90 yards but with an average of 3/ypc and 2 fumbles. Rick will force some throws trying to do too much and throw some picks. Indiana will play a lot of schemes that won't allow much in the passing game. This is a tougher game now but Iowa still wins 31-24.

i honestly would be surprised if this turned out---- indiana's defense is HORRIBLE only MN has allowed more passing TD's (IU has allowed 17+) our line will hold up fine and give stanzi time to sit down and take a sh*t if he wants before he wants to throw it for either 10 yards or 50 yards....

i do agree though that i wouldn't be a bit surprised to see one or 2 fumbles which one will lead to a touchdown, but i still see this game 42-10-- a touchdown off a fumble and maybe a field goal--- let's not forget that chappel is banged up and while he may play he's not going to be 100% and won't be nearly as mobile has he might normally be and IU redzone isn't great either if i recall....

this game and MN games should be sleepers---(meaning boring i presume) best thing for Kirk to do is keep this game vanilla don't give NW a dang bit more of tape than what is needed.....

goods10--- put the peace pipe down or pass it over here! LOL

i agree with the other poster that mentioned split carries--- i see lots of split carries--

coker-- 17 carries for 84 Yrds 1 TD 1 fumble
Team--- 15 carries for a team total of 144 yards 1 total rushing TD and 1 total fumble

goods10--- put the peace pipe down or pass it over here! LOL

i agree with the other poster that mentioned split carries--- i see lots of split carries--

coker-- 17 carries for 84 Yrds 1 TD 1 fumble
Team--- 15 carries for a team total of 144 yards 1 total rushing TD and 1 total fumble
I keep it all for myself! lol

I never predict anything, but instead of Cokers yards I'll predict the total offense.

Passing will be 28 of 35 for 328 yards and 4 TD's.
Rushing will be 32 carries for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

Final score 45-17

Last edited:
Coker will not be splitting carries with anyone. You guys should know by now that KOK and Iowa will not change the game plan based on personal. They will run Coker as if it was AROB period. With that said, given that Indiana has pretty much the worse pass defense in Division One I suspect the game plan will call for Stanzi to be chucking the ball around all over the place.

Cokers numbers are very similar to Hampton's ytd. It could be argued that it was against better competion too in more difficult situations. I'm not saying he's a better back just an interesting stat.

Like I said, he will muss some holes and get stopped up some, but he will slide off some situations and get good gains.

But here is the deal, he will hit a hole and be gone at least once in this game. It will shock us, because it will look like nothing we have seen before in our backfield. Just a totally different kind of back.

HUGE day! The O-line will step it up. Look for carries early and often. I'd expect between 12-15 carries in the first half. I'd say he'll break at least 2 for 20+. Total will be 127.

Yes, Indiana will likely be REALLY focusing on stripping the ball. However, if a runner has good ball security, those efforts aren't going to make him fumble. And when defenses focus more on stripping, they tend to miss more tackles. Coker goes for 127 on 24 carries and 2 TD's.

Latest posts