Outcoached

94HawkMA

I know what you are going to say: "Happy Valley is a tough place to play". And it is. But when you have 2 weeks to prepare, that's not a good way to demonstrate that you are teaching these kids. Why, at this point in the season, can we not get 11 guys on the field on defense? That's coaching. I think that, to some extent, the coaches have lost this team. There was no focus. Too many dropped balls and missed assignments, even by guys that are supposed to be leaders. Your second team QB gets arrested. I know of several other distractions. There is no leadership in that locker room.

Very uninspired performance. I can very easily see this team going 5-7. With the talent that Iowa has on offense, that's inexcusible.

Every year we say that we outcoach PSU, but we lose and we got outcoached. They lose and we got outcoached. Not sure about that. Their defense was that much better than our offense. You just said we have a bunch of talent on offense, so in my mind if you have a lot of talent that talent should be able to produce no matter what.

Agree. We don't prepare, scheme, add wrinkles...we just come with the same old play book and hope the other team implodes. I still don't understand why so many Iowa fans bash the D after games like this. They gave up one TD and even if they didn't gave that TD up, we still lose 6-3 because of our clueless O coordinator. Throw the damn ball down the field and see what happens. Maybe, just maybe somebody catches it, we get pass interference, etc. Nope, we are going to stick with our 3 yard routes in the flat the other team knows is coming. Last two years, the coaching staff gets an F. Take it off auto pilot KF and get some new coordinators in here.

Latest posts