Outback Bowl

StatelineHawk

One of my favorite bowl games to attend. If anybody else on this site has attended the Outback Bowl they would probably agree. Reason I brought this up though is the two main Hawkeye hangouts at Channelside have closed their doors. Stumps and Howl at the Moon piano bar have closed. They were always packed with Hawk fans. Will be missed if Iowa ever gets back there which I do not see happening anytime soon.

Sounds like maybe Channelside is struggling in general?

It is. I live in Tampa, and I know that several businesses have closed their doors down there. That's a shame. Right now, about all there is down there is the Forum (hockey, concerts, and an occasional USF hoops game), the Florida Aquarium, or you can catch a cruise.

That is a normal process of the lack of urban planning from which places like Tampa suffer. It is basically a poster-child for unplanned sprawl.

The only thing to really do is scrap huge sections and start over more thoughtfully.

But really, who actually stayed in Channelside? You know anybody who was anybody was in Clearwater.

Latest posts