Outback Bowl Iowa LSU 76 yards rushing. Wisconsin 173 first half vs. LSU

Yeah quite a different team...didn't seem to slow down NDSU in a similar situation today, though. ;)

Wisky can't complete a pass to save their lives, their new "athletic" quarterback just threw a terrible interception. They won't break 100 yards passing.

I know this was a different LSU team, but that same thought was going through lots of Iowa fans.
At least we didn't see Wisconsin go down with fake sniper-fire injuries, like LSU did, when the momentum changed.

Melvin Gordon has serious speed but he didnt carry the ball much in the second half. And I heard and saw that LSU graduated 9 guys to the NFL draft.

Hard to compare the hawks against a late season LSU compared to LSU in the first half last nite.

I know this was a different LSU team, but that same thought was going through lots of Iowa fans.
At least we didn't see Wisconsin go down with fake sniper-fire injuries, like LSU did, when the momentum changed.

Just another win for the sec. Not sure that they will drop a noncon game this year. Wisconsin will be ok in the Bigten. It's not like anyone in the west has defensive backs similar to the sec schools so their passing game will open up. Other teams in our league will start to get injured as well and no one has any depth so the playing field will level.
I don't think the conference will get a team in the playoff this year barring an unlikely MSU upset of Oregon.

Les Miles actually scripted the game for the Badgers to take a ten point lead. He wanted his young quarterback to lead a comeback and rally the team behind him like he was a real leader of the offense. Wisky finished the game with fifty passing yards.

Wiscy did impress me, but mostly in the fact that all they have is a running game. A really good running game, but that's it. I like our run D, and I really like the match up when they come here.

Wiscy did impress me, but mostly in the fact that all they have is a running game. A really good running game, but that's it. I like our run D, and I really like the match up when they come here.

Wiscy O-line vs. Iowa D-line. I'll hear the collisions from Seattle.

Just have to keep Gordon out of the 2nd level, or he gone... although the one bright spot of our secondary was run D, so we'll see.

Melvin Gordon has serious speed but he didnt carry the ball much in the second half.

I read somewhere (Twitter, I think, which means it was 100% truth) that Gordon may have said something to a member of the coaching staff about McEvoy's inability to cut the mustard, leading to his decreased role in the 2nd half. Take it for what it's worth...

Latest posts