Outback bowl chances now?

I'd say at least 50% assuming that MSU doesn't blow it against Minnesota. Even if they do Wisconsin could still get that second bid.

yep, Capital one or Outback here we come.

i've not seen any scenarios with us getting into the Capital One bowl. We would have to somehow end up "3rd" right? Or maybe MSU fans won't travel and snagging IA is allowed as the Cap1 pick even if we finish 4th?

The Cap One isn't happening.

If the Big Ten gets two into the BCS, I'd say 85% Iowa to Outback. 100% they will not be in texas

The top 3 teams (OSU, Wiscy, MSU) will fill two BCS slots and the Cap One bowl. Iowa, Nebby, and Minny are all 8-4 and considering Minny fans don't travel and Nebby fans are jaded Iowa looks like a sweet pick for Tampa.

The top 3 teams (OSU, Wiscy, MSU) will fill two BCS slots and the Cap One bowl. Iowa, Nebby, and Minny are all 8-4 and considering Minny fans don't travel and Nebby fans are jaded Iowa looks like a sweet pick for Tampa.

I hear it's slightly warmer in Tampa than in Iowa in January. Would like to see a thumping put on an $EC team on New Years Day.

Correct. Cap1 will be whomever doesn't get the 2nd BCS slot. Iowa will get the Outback.

Not to mention Iowa beat both teams on the road by a combined 37 points.

If you're saying Iowa to Cap 1 then you don't understand the selection sequence.

Iowa is at best the #4 pick out of the Big tean teams.

There is no scenario where Iowa gets 1st non BCS bowl.

outback would be the highest pick Iowa would get and it will be against a very good football team.

pick your poison: Missouri, south carolina, Auburn, Texas AM

If you're saying Iowa to Cap 1 then you don't understand the selection sequence.

Iowa is at best the #4 pick out of the Big tean teams.

There is no scenario where Iowa gets 1st non BCS bowl.

outback would be the highest pick Iowa would get and it will be against a very good football team.

pick your poison: Missouri, south carolina, Auburn, Texas AM

I'm guessing that the Outback will take the one that doesn't win the East: South Carolina if Missouri wins tomorrow, or Missouri if they don't. But there are a lot of scenarios that could disrupt that notion.

Latest posts