Outback Bowl: Can't Sleep on These Hawkeyes

Gentlemen, get ready for the show. LSU will be going in dry. Happy New Year to you all - enjoy the next 11 hours and prepare yourself! :eek:

I have a vhs of that Sun Bowl game. Watched it over and over since Iowa had not done well in a few prior seasons, that game was special. They put wood to Wash. "This time there is running room for Shaw......no ones going to catch him, TOUCHDOWN IOWA!"

At 25 years of age, that was the first Iowa game I attended.
Couldn't sleep the entire night before the game.

Hurley was the original "Legatron" in that game.

You ever play sports? Like high school football for example? I did.

Let downs happen all the time. You play at maybe 80%, go through the motions on some plays and all of a sudden you're getting beat as a player and a team. By a player/team who isn't as good as you.

Same thing happens at the state wrestling tournament. A kid loses say in round two and now has to wrestle in the consolation bracket with no chance of winning. Some quit at that point...or...they lose that edge that got them there in the first place.

And typically the athlete who thought more of himself at that stage is underwhelmed with his plight. I think LSU fits that mold to a T.

Too poo poo that notion is ridiculous. And ignorant.

Wow, high school sports. I stand corrected.

You ever play sports? Like high school football for example? I did.

Let downs happen all the time. You play at maybe 80%, go through the motions on some plays and all of a sudden you're getting beat as a player and a team. By a player/team who isn't as good as you.

Same thing happens at the state wrestling tournament. A kid loses say in round two and now has to wrestle in the consolation bracket with no chance of winning. Some quit at that point...or...they lose that edge that got them there in the first place.

And typically the athlete who thought more of himself at that stage is underwhelmed with his plight. I think LSU fits that mold to a T.

Too poo poo that notion is ridiculous. And ignorant.

I was #1 in my state until my Achilles injury. Hell, I'm still a local legend! Was pounding so much cheer leader poon I couldn't even remember names! :p

Latest posts