Out of Town Non-Iowa Fans Coming to MSU Game

Oz, why would you say something dickish like that. Iowa IS county fairs and the like. Not to mention the Big *** Turkey legs guy is a Kinnick icon sort of now!

I have been going to kinnick as a season tix holder for a very long time. I have never heard of this turkey leg feller. I guess it's because I actually do the college football thing called tailgating as opposed to walking around Melrose avenue staring at fudgies buying overpriced hunks of gristle.

My grandparents have had tickets for 35-40 yrs and I have been going for about 25 yrs. Had my own season tickets for 13 now. My point is this, it does not matter how long you have been going to games. You are in the minority that doesn't know about him. I've also had a parking pass for 25 of those years so I too have/still do tailgate. There's nothing wrong with walking around melrose before the game. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a tailgate spot or parking pass.

My grandparents have had tickets for 35-40 yrs and I have been going for about 25 yrs. Had my own season tickets for 13 now. My point is this, it does not matter how long you have been going to games. You are in the minority that doesn't know about him. I've also had a parking pass for 25 of those years so I too have/still do tailgate. There's nothing wrong with walking around melrose before the game. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a tailgate spot or parking pass.

Everyone who wants a tailgate spot can have one. A very small portion of the tailgate crowd utilizes parking passes that are actually closer to the stadium than free/mnonpass spaces This past week I tailgated for free at hancher. I was amazed at the size of the tailgate crowd out there. I was equally amazed at how short the walk to the stadium is via the pedestrian bridge adjacent to the VA hosp. There were hundreds of pop up tents and grills going on out there. Lots of satellite units and big TV's Even some couches and recliner setups. I haven't been out there in years and I was impressed with the setups. It is my new alternative spot for days that I am running late. I have even found a secret spot on the walk to the stadium.

Alright, here what these guys need to do. Catch a cab (or walk) to the gas station (Kum N Go ?) at Myrtle Ave & S. Riverside Dr. Get there by 7:00 if possible. Then walk up that huge hill and proceed along Myrtle then continue straight onto Melrose Ct (which bends to the right and heads to Melrose Ave/Kinnick.) That will get them on the road to heaven.

If they aren't that bright, instruct them to yell at the crowds of heavily drinking youth that will be the only people they'll see at that time. Yelling that they need a place to stand and drink beers should do the trick.

2-3 hours later they should continue their journey up Melrose Ave and through the Kinnick lot.

Latest posts