Out coached

loesshillshawk

So sick of our coaches making no adjustments in big games. Our defense was the same all game switch screens and give up a drive, over and over. Flannery went from shooting the 3 early to slipping screens and whoever Warnock and Cziano were guarding drive the ball. They were physical as heck and never did we do anything different on the floor, no working the HP, no dribble hand offs up top, just keep banging our head against a wall. Iowa's identity both men's and women's is we can win 95-92...how is that working out? Defense wins games and both teams are out due to our lack of a defensive identity. You have players of the year why can't we get more athletic? Kids should be begging to play with Caitlin...

I don't watch much women's games so am far from an expert, but I had no issue with the coaching. IMO the play Bluder drew up at the end was unreal. One possession game and she essentially dials up a play in which were able to create a 1v1 post up a few feet away from the rim with no one there defensively to help out. Couldn't ask for a better scoring opportunity.

I'll agree though that two defensive break downs at the end were disasterous and cost us the game.

How come at the end of games when a team is up 2 they never guard the 3pt line. I kept saying guard the 3pt line its the only thing that can beat you and boom we give up a open 3. I watch alot of basketball that the same thing happens I will never understand it. I know people will say you play the percentages but that is not so true anymore with how everyone shoots the 3. Its literally the only thing that can beat you, OT is better then a lose. It just baffles my mind. Another thing is most teams draw up a play to go for the win instead of the tie anymore so just guard the 3 and your going to win the game 99% of the time.