OUT COACHED!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH!! Lack of awareness!!!

1013Hawk

Onside kick against us two years in a row vs Minnesota!!!!!!!!!! Fake punt vs Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!! Where is our heads???? 3.9 million dollars gets us losses to lousy Iowa State and Minnesota!? There should be some serious answers.. Where is our heads!!!????

I was a supporter of the coaching staff... but they are just not coaching any longer. I agree. They coach like the kid who doesn't know football attempting to play Madden. It is time to move on. The Hawkeyes will never get better with the current staff.

Coaching Staff: "Gee, they tried an onside kick? Didn't see that one coming. No fair."

It's frustrating. Ferentz has put the Iowa program in a good place but how many losses to bad teams and coaches does it take to take a look at things and just say our coaching staff just isn't very good.

We have a lazy, unimaginative coaching staff living off what they did a decade ago. But it's not going to change, this game was just like last you. Everyone knows how it's going to end except the coaching staff.

Add in lack of talent. Your team has that. Its why you lose to Minnesota, ISU, etc. its why you play with teams like NW and Pitt.

Still amazed how much 'talent' is seen on this team besides McNutt.

Defense is way worse than I even imagined. QB is going to run it on the their 4th down........Even an idiot like me knows that.

Totally outcoached by them for the second year in a row.

Although we don't have any talent on defense, we have MUCH more talent then MN. There is absolutely no excuse for this. Something needs to be changed.

Coach Ferentz has done a lot for this program. He has taken Iowa to some great wins, but recent history has shown that Kirk and his staff have lost something. How does a Minnesota team that could be killed by UNI beat Iowa? How does that happen? It starts at the top. This is an embrassment.

Consistency within a coaching staff or executive staff is a great thing, but it usually gets to a point of weakness because everyone knows everyone and no one challenges anything and nobody fears for their job which creates an eventual atmosphere of severe complacency in areas that used to be strengths. Iowa is at this point. KF needs to infuse some new blood. Not a massive, one year overhaul, but 2 here, 2 there. And if he doesn't see thud, he is not doing his job and is letting old loyalties cloud his judgement. Special teams and defense come immediately to mind.

I still think its hilarious that Ferentz gets mentioned for NFL jobs. The guy is a terrible in game coach, just horrible. He would be lucky to make it two years in the NFL.

I still think its hilarious that Ferentz gets mentioned for NFL jobs. The guy is a terrible in game coach, just horrible. He would be lucky to make it two years in the NFL.

There is NO NFL team that would hire him as head coach right now. NONE!

Should some team show interest in him....he should go. His days at Iowa are finished.

quite true I've never seen an NFL coach without a 2 minute offense

He loves it here because he can coach like he wants to and not get seriously questioned by anyone

.... because anywhere else he would be getting massacred for some of thie garbage he does...

How does Iowa not force a turnover against Minnesota?

Why are you calling out your offense?

Iowa did force a turnover against Minnesota.

The defense is what it is and quite frankly they weren't the problem today.

As for the point in the original post, I agree it's unbelievable. It's one thing if someone drops an onside kick in the second quarter and you didn't see it coming. That's understandable. But when it's obvious?!? Kirk Ferentz needs a common sense coach.

I understand that it is great we have all of these NFL players developed by our coaches but isn't it time we worry about winning instead?!?!?

Latest posts