Our Twin Towers

SwirlinLingerie

I grew up with Payne and Stokes, known as the Twin Towers back in the day. Ogundele and Mulvey aren't quite there yet, but I have high hopes.

I actually think both can beat Edey down the court, at least if they are playing in 2-3 minute bursts. I'd love to see the Hawks steal a couple easy baskets that way tonight.

It also got me thinking. We probably need a nickname for them. Especially given their potential role tonight, into a tourney run, and especially next year when Rebraca is gone.

We should be able to come up with something by tip tonight.

Twin Flowers?
Thin and Grin?
Bloke and Oak?
Bloke and Poke?

Just trying to get the ball rolling.

I grew up with Payne and Stokes, known as the Twin Towers back in the day. Ogundele and Mulvey aren't quite there yet, but I have high hopes.

I actually think both can beat Edey down the court, at least if they are playing in 2-3 minute bursts. I'd love to see the Hawks steal a couple easy baskets that way tonight.

It also got me thinking. We probably need a nickname for them. Especially given their potential role tonight, into a tourney run, and especially next year when Rebraca is gone.

We should be able to come up with something by tip tonight.

Twin Flowers?
Thin and Grin?
Bloke and Oak?
Bloke and Poke?

Just trying to get the ball rolling.

Did you say you think Olegunde could beat Edey down the court?

Now, you do make a great point about team strategy. Iowa is known for their pushing transition offense. You will see a huge emphasis on that in this game. Push push push.

This for two reasons, 1) Try got get as many easy buckets as they can. 2) Do this to get Edey as tired as they can. He can either play tired or they have to give him a couple more breaks out of the game.

Run Run Run.

Did you say you think Olegunde could beat Edey down the court?

Now, you do make a great point about team strategy. Iowa is known for their pushing transition offense. You will see a huge emphasis on that in this game. Push push push.

This for two reasons, 1) Try got get as many easy buckets as they can. 2) Do this to get Edey as tired as they can. He can either play tired or they have to give him a couple more breaks out of the game.

Run Run Run.
Ogundele is one of the quickest big men I've ever seen at Iowa. No shit. I'm not talking Ryan Bowen/Tyler Cook/Murray boys power forwards.

I'm talking big men. No way Acie Earl or Adam Woodbury or Luka Garza could beat Ogundele down court either. Not when he wants to move. His problem is conditioning, not quickness or foot speed.

Edey had problems with Josh's burst last year. Josh can only do it a couple times and he needs to rest, but it's there.

Mulvey beat Dickinson down the court twice, too.

Ogundele is one of the quickest big men I've ever seen at Iowa. No shit. I'm not talking Ryan Bowen/Tyler Cook/Murray boys power forwards.

I'm talking big men. No way Acie Earl or Adam Woodbury or Luka Garza could beat Ogundele down court either. Not when he wants to move. His problem is conditioning, not quickness or foot speed.

Edey had problems with Josh's burst last year. Josh can only do it a couple times and he needs to rest, but it's there.

Mulvey beat Dickinson down the court twice, too.
No shit. Yea, I agree he plays hard when he is in. His whole conditioning issues are kind of a weird phenomenon. I'll take your word as I can't say I really noticed his up court speed before he gets tired. But, if you can only go full speed for a few trips up and down then tail off, doesn't that play into the overall argument of who can beat who, over the course of many possessions. So, Olegunde can beat Edey 2-3 times up the court, but Edey does better the other 5 times. I think you have to measure the whole and not who just did it a couple times.

And to the bold, I wonder if this is one of those situations where metal sharpens metal. If they are going up against that in practice everyday, one would think they'd inevitably get conditioned to play that fast. Does make sense.

Last edited: