OT: White Sox vs. Yankees at the Field of Dreams August 2020

EstronHawkKing

Yep, MLB Baseball is coming to Iowa next summer in Dyersville, IA. Not sure how they will pull this off? There is no parking space and no seating. There will be thousands who will show up for this. Could be a train wreck if those in charge don't watch out. They will have to shuttle people from downtown Dyersville, but that town is not that big. Will you try to go? They should have gotten the Cardinals vs the Cubs or White Sox vs Twins or Royals. I'm sure ESPN or FOX Sports will carry it live, I'll just watch on tv.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/08/749507311/mlbs-yankees-and-white-sox-to-play-at-field-of-dreams-farm

They should have gotten the Cardinals vs the Cubs
Um, wasn't the movie about Shoeless Joe, a member of the White Sox? Thus, wouldn't the Sox make sense? The Cubs and Cardinals are tied with the Red Sox for the most insufferable fan bases in ANY sport and keeping those fans away from Iowa is a good idea.

Um, wasn't the movie about Shoeless Joe, a member of the White Sox? Thus, wouldn't the Sox make sense? The Cubs and Cardinals are tied with the Red Sox for the most insufferable fan bases in ANY sport and keeping those fans away from Iowa is a good idea.
Well, they had ghost players in the movie wearing Cards/Cubs uniforms. But, yes you are correct about the White Sox playing. I wonder if the Yanks and Sox players will wear like real old school uniforms?

Hotels in Dyersville and surrounding towns will make a killing off this along with restaurants/bars in Dyersville as well.

It's going to be a cool thing to watch on t.v. but the limited seats I feel it will be mostly filled by stars and wealthy suits. Could be wrong though.

I"m not sure what I think about making a stadium for the game and essentially building a new field away from the original field of dreams. Just not sure how it will affect the nostalgia and history. It's a fantastic thing for the community and the state of Iowa, but I'm still on the fence (no pun intended). With the stands going in and a new field being built it almost seems like they're scheduling a MLB game in a new minor league facility.

Latest posts