OT: Tijuana for Holiday Bowl Part II

IowaHawkeyeFB

Since the other one turned into policy talk and got locked let’s pick up here. I just think it’d be interesting to see what nightlife is like as well as some nicer dining down there.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Did a bunch of posts get erased in that thread? I didn't see anything that go to far out of hand. Just wondering for future reference.

But, again, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tijuana. The more I read about it the more I want to visit the place. It seems fairly safe for tourists just stay out of the bad parts of the city, which is what you can say about any US city. The cartels are not interested in harming tourists, that's who they make money off of.

Did a bunch of posts get erased in that thread? I didn't see anything that go to far out of hand. Just wondering for future reference.

But, again, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Tijuana. The more I read about it the more I want to visit the place. It seems fairly safe for tourists just stay out of the bad parts of the city, which is what you can say about any US city. The cartels are not interested in harming tourists, that's who they make money off of.

Do you also own a Vaping store?

The only thing that's good about TJ is that you can go to a pharmacy and get drugs you can't in the US without spending $125 for a doctor office visit. You can go in and buy antibiotics, for example. We do that whenever we are vacationing in Mexico or some other third world country.

The only thing that's good about TJ is that you can go to a pharmacy and get drugs you can't in the US without spending $125 for a doctor office visit. You can go in and buy antibiotics, for example. We do that whenever we are vacationing in Mexico or some other third world country.

You self diagnose and decide you need antibiotics?

You self diagnose and decide you need antibiotics?
Usually right after I perform minor surgical procedures...nose jobs, vasectomies...you know...the easy stuff.

I will get a sinus infection every couple of years...and since it's occurred 20 times in my life...I know exactly what it is and when I need some help to kick it out of my system. Most of the time, I let it run its course...but when it gets bad and it isn't improving...I go to the antibiotics. In the US, I go to the doctor so he can tell me, "hey, I think you could use an antibiotic." Jeez, thanks Doc...here's $125 for telling me what I already know. Do you want me to tell you which one's I rotate?

Fevers, i don't mess with. If you have a fever that persists...go see a doctor...that's a bad sign.

Personally, if I'm going on vacation in Europe, Asia, or somewhere like that...I usually bring a multipurpose antibiotic. You are on a plane for 12 hours...multiple airports...etc. Plenty of chances to pick up a virus. The last thing you want to do is feel like crap for the entirety of your expensive vacation. It's paid off a few times.

Last edited:
Usually right after I perform minor surgical procedures...nose jobs, vasectomies...you know...the easy stuff.

I will get a sinus infection every couple of years...and since it's occurred 20 times in my life...I know exactly what it is and when I need some help to kick it out of my system. Most of the time, I let it run its course...but when it gets bad and it isn't improving...I go to the antibiotics. In the US, I go to the doctor so he can tell me, "hey, I think you could use an antibiotic." Jeez, thanks Doc...here's $125 for telling me what I already know. Do you want me to tell you which one's I rotate?

Fevers, i don't mess with. If you have a fever that persists...go see a doctor...that's a bad sign.

Personally, if I'm going on vacation in Europe, Asia, or somewhere like that...I usually bring a multipurpose antibiotic. You are on a plane for 12 hours...multiple airports...etc. Plenty of chances to pick up a virus. The last thing you want to do is feel like crap for the entirety of your expensive vacation. It's paid off a few times.

How is an antibiotic going to help a virus?

Taking them needlessly increases your need to take them.

Sounds like a safe place to get your medications.

Personally, if I'm going on vacation in Europe, Asia, or somewhere like that...I usually bring a multipurpose antibiotic. You are on a plane for 12 hours...multiple airports...etc. Plenty of chances to pick up a virus. The last thing you want to do is feel like crap for the entirety of your expensive vacation. It's paid off a few times.[/QUOT

Augmentin for the sinus infection?

Sounds like a safe place to get your medications.

Yes, let's question their practices...and the Pharmaceutical Industry in the country you are in shipped 1,000,000 hydrocodone pills to a town of 3000 people in West Virginia...and this country is rife with an addiction epidemic that was created by said industry and pharmacy distribution practices.

It's certainly possible to get counterfeit drugs...but if you go to the right places...and it's clear that the drugs are properly packaged and look the same...I trust it.

Those antibiotics come in handy when you pick up a virus (sarcasm intended).

True, my parents live in the southern tip of Texas and they cross the river for any medication they might need. It's WAY cheaper in Mexico.

farmacia-mexico-generics-ap-img.jpg

Hey white man from the North.......we got what you are looking for here to take away that bottle headache or clap from our lovely senoritas. Also, if you are hungry, check out the new chicken shop down the street....something is always cooking good there.....hehehe.........

a_view_of_the_los_pollos_hermanos_signage_-getty_-_h_2019_.jpg

The $800 worth of Sudsfed I bought in Costa Rica didn't do a damn thing for me. Hell, I wasn't even in Costa Rica, ever.

Latest posts