OT-Power of Advertising on the B-10 Network.

Bufftp

I live in Buffalo N.Y. and you could never find RO-Tel. Three weeks ago the major supermarket started carrying. They had a stand in the store promoting it and making and sampling some ro-tel dishes including the queso dip.

I asked why they started to carry it, and they said they had a lot of requests for it since September. The only only place you see it advertised is on B-10 network.

I live in Buffalo N.Y. and you could never find RO-Tel. Three weeks ago the major supermarket started carrying. They had a stand in the store promoting it and making and sampling some ro-tel dishes including the queso dip.

I asked why they started to carry it, and they said they had a lot of requests for it since September. The only only place you see it advertised is on B-10 network.

I had never heard of Ro-tel before the BTN. If I were ever to make queso, though, I'd pick some up. Advertising works, even for weird fringe products.

I heard of Rotel before the BTN, but now since it has been the BTN's #1 money maker, I shall continue to only use Rotel when making queso.

I lived in Buffalo once... Elmwood Village, very underrated place.

Yes it is. Elmwood village is really doing well right now. Buffalo has great, friendly people it is more midwestern than east coast.

Is it now? It was some tough times a few years back, but as backwards as Buffalo can be - I'd put Elmwood and Allentown against any urban neighborhood in the country.

I have to admit... I am a sucker for choosing those who market on the B10N. I go to BWW over QSL, I buy Rotel and Velveeta. I am going to switch to Barbasol too!

Don't forget to add wolf chili to your rotel and velveeta. Makes it 10 times better.

i really enjoyed my time in buffalo. just can't get enough wings! sioux city is a real small version of buffalo. very blue collar with a serious down to earth feel to it.

Best part about Buffalo was Crystal Beach and being an hour from Toronto which is one of my favorite city in North America.

Add some Anchor Bar Wing Sauce to the Rotel and Velveeta and top on your wings!! Crazy good! Messy but good!

It's all a ploy by the Big Ten to get Texas and aTm into the conference. Ro-Tel is a staple food down here along with Wolf brand chili. Then there are all the ads for avocados to be put on your burger, chicken sandwich, torta, made into guacamole . . .

Last season, tried Ro-Tel and velveeta for the first time...it was good!
This season, tried Wolf Brand Chili for the first time...it was good!

For us, when we cannot be at the game, it is fun to try something new for game day.

FWIW, never been to a Buffalo Wild Wings before, but for some reason, been having the urge to lately...wonder why!?!

Go Hawks! - hawkeyetob

Tonight I'm going to go home, put everything advertised on B10 network in a crock pot, cook it for 4 hours, and see what it tastes like.

The Barbasol should make for an interesting after taste.

My family has been making the Rotel - Velveeta cheese dip for a long time - at least 15-20 years. I'm surprised that so many people hadn't ever heard of it before.

I usually cook up 1/2 a pound of ground beef/turkey, and season it with a full packet of taco seasoning with 1/2 the water it calls for, and mix that in with the queso dip to give it a little more zing.

Latest posts