OT: NBA Playoffs!

Quick.....

Which one is the Milwaukee Bucks Coach

View attachment 7905

Or This Cat.....

View attachment 7906
Ha, that's great!

I spent the weekend at the race track so, other than watching the Nuggets get trounced again, I hadn't seen the latest and so was not aware the Bucks had evened the series. That's great, I hope they pull it off!

Honestly, other than my poor Nuggets laying an egg against the Suns (who I for one *badly* underestimated), it's been a very competitive second round. I wonder how the Playoffs are doing ratings-wise. No Lakers, so that's probably like a 20% drop right off the bat.

Ha, that's great!

I spent the weekend at the race track so, other than watching the Nuggets get trounced again, I hadn't seen the latest and so was not aware the Bucks had evened the series. That's great, I hope they pull it off!

Honestly, other than my poor Nuggets laying an egg against the Suns (who I for one *badly* underestimated), it's been a very competitive second round. I wonder how the Playoffs are doing ratings-wise. No Lakers, so that's probably like a 20% drop right off the bat.

Let's just say of all the teams left; the Sixers are the only team to win a title in the last 40 years. If you get a Milwaukee/Utah final you are going to find out who the basketball purist really are because no one else is watching that. Secretly, I am rooting for it just to see two small markets teams in the finals.

The Nets really need a healthy James Hardin and Kyrie Irving tonight
against the Brutal Bucks

Kevin had a rater impressive game Tuesday evening. His clutch three with 52 seconds left
and a precarious one point lead sealed the deal

He had a rather nice overall game Tuesday Night

Third best in NBA Playoff History

Of Course, there is always this game-winning shot by Kawhi Leonard:

And who can forget this SHOT.....

Once again: IMere dle Musings on a rather warm day
Never have had air conditioning and days like this make me
consider perhaps changing my mind on the subject

Second round has been lively!

Nuggets folded like a cheap tent, but every other series going to at least 6.

Hawks shaping up to be the big story for the 2021 Playoffs whether they advance or not.

It's an amazing league, just so much talent out there but still only being spread across the same number of teams we've had since, what, the mid 1990's? It's obnoxious to see the same teams being able to buy their way to championships on the FA market but, with smart personnel moves, you can move up the pecking order FAST. Look at the Suns. A couple seasons ago, they were straight up pitiful. Now, after a bit of development, good personnel and coaching moves...shit, they might make the finals depending on Paul's status.

The Nets really need a healthy James Hardin and Kyrie Irving tonight
against the Brutal Bucks

Kevin had a rater impressive game Tuesday evening. His clutch three with 52 seconds left
and a precarious one point lead sealed the deal

He had a rather nice overall game Tuesday Night

Third best in NBA Playoff History

Of Course, there is always this game-winning shot by Kawhi Leonard:

And who can forget this SHOT.....

Once again: IMere dle Musings on a rather warm day
Never have had air conditioning and days like this make me
consider perhaps changing my mind on the subject
If Giannis and Middleton play like that it almost doesn't matter how well Durant play. The stat that stuck out to me the most was that Giannis didn't attempt a 3 pter. Not one. He finally got the memo to quit settling and do what he does best because when he goes to the hoop he's hardly stoppable. Lebron at times had a similar issue but he's just a smarter player overall Lebrons IQ on the court is really high. Giannis needs a lot of work at that yet. But anything can happen in a game 7 so that'll be fun

The little I've seen doesnt give me optimism for Luka.
I would love to be proven wrong, but I suspect Luka will be eaten alive on the defensive end. Not just "not a great defender", more like "automatic 2 pts for the other guys".

I think he might be able to score a little on the offensive end, but he would need to be an incredibly prolific scorer for a team to even begin thinking about how they were going to build a roster that could compensate for the complete lack of defense.

The level of scouting in the NBA is staggering. My assumption is, in summer league, once Luka gets in the game it'll be like waking up in the morning, looking out your front window, and realizing I-80 has been rerouted through your front yard. A steady stream of traffic. Guys of all shapes and sizes will be going right at him with success.

Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, I just watch enough NBA to have, I think, a semi-informed opinion. I have loved watching Luka and will be rooting for him to prove me wrong, but I think he will be a short lived G-League guy before heading to Europe (where hopefully he can make some good money and have a lot of fun).

The little I've seen doesnt give me optimism for Luka.
I haven't watched a ton but I think that Jokics success this yr being the type of player he is may give Garza a chance. He's probably not the ball handler/passer (not even close frankly) but the big guy can shoot and knows how to score 1 on 1 against guys. To me it'll be all about fit and what role do you put him in. Call me crazy but I think he can play at that level. Maybe he won't be a top 3 scoring option or even a starter most of his career but I'll be damned if he doesn't have an NBA career

I would love to be proven wrong, but I suspect Luka will be eaten alive on the defensive end. Not just "not a great defender", more like "automatic 2 pts for the other guys".

I think he might be able to score a little on the offensive end, but he would need to be an incredibly prolific scorer for a team to even begin thinking about how they were going to build a roster that could compensate for the complete lack of defense.

The level of scouting in the NBA is staggering. My assumption is, in summer league, once Luka gets in the game it'll be like waking up in the morning, looking out your front window, and realizing I-80 has been rerouted through your front yard. A steady stream of traffic. Guys of all shapes and sizes will be going right at him with success.

Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, I just watch enough NBA to have, I think, a semi-informed opinion. I have loved watching Luka and will be rooting for him to prove me wrong, but I think he will be a short lived G-League guy before heading to Europe (where hopefully he can make some good money and have a lot of fun).
Big and strong v agile quick lean and strong.

Latest posts