OT - More Rich Rod drama

PJHawk

Just another reason I am thankful Kirk Ferentz is our coach. BTW I really hate that Rodriguez is in even in the Big Ten.

"Shortly after the draft, Morgan made good on his promise to pay his former head coach (Carr) a visit. Morgan was always happy to see Coach Carr and gave him a warm greeting. However, it didn't take long for Coach Carr to get to the main reason why he wanted to see Morgan. It was there that Coach Carr told Morgan why he wasn't drafted until the sixth round.

"Apparently, current Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez had cost Morgan quite a bit of money. Rodriguez had bad-mouthed Morgan to every NFL scout he could. Rodriguez claimed that Morgan was lazy, he had an attitude problem and he was a big reason why the Wolverines finished with a 3-9 record, the worst in school history. In essence, an entire draft season and an entire college career of hard work were decimated by a few petty words.

Rich Rodriguez, Lloyd Carr, Morgan Trent spar on book passage | detnews.com | The Detroit News

how would lloyd carr know if dickrod talked badly about morgan? unless every NFL scout called lloyd and told him, this story holds no water. like ghost said, he said he said

how would lloyd carr know if dickrod talked badly about morgan? unless every NFL scout called lloyd and told him, this story holds no water. like ghost said, he said he said

It wouldn't surprise me at all that most if not all NFL scouts that were looking at Trent contacted both Rich Rod and Carr. Actually it would surprise me if they didn't.

Looking forward to Iowa snapping up some of the signed recruits from Michigan after DickRod is fired in December....the ''Brust Exception'' will come in handy then!

The facts of what Lloyd Carr said are very debatable, the facts that the author is on record of what he heard from NFL scouts is not, nor is the "rumblings" that Cincinnati coach Kevin Coyle said he heard. Regardless how any of this washes out it is just another episode of the non-stop off the field drama that is Rich Rodriguez, couple that with all the on field losing and it really sucks to see how he has ruined Michigan football.

Actually, RR is probably exactly what Michigan needed. Consider him their Bill Callahan. They will now go hire somebody better suited to the position and the university and you will see things turn around fairly quickly.

It is hard when there is an heir apparent to a legend that just does not entirely pan out. This is what happened with Solich, and Carr to an extent. They were solid coaches, but they took over National Championship caliber programs and could not keep them at National Championship caliber levels. I predict the same for FSU and PSU in the near future. FSU more near obviously.

FSU ain't FSU anymore,even with Bobby in charge...have'nt been for 5 years or more.
But both FSU and PSU sit in fertile recruiting areas,unlike Nebraska,so I think new youngblood coaches will do fine at those schools. Nebraska is more like Iowa...coach-centric...which could imperil the nice run when THE COACH retires...Iowa got lucky with two COACHES in a row...Nebraska? not so much.

Actually, RR is probably exactly what Michigan needed. Consider him their Bill Callahan. They will now go hire somebody better suited to the position and the university and you will see things turn around fairly quickly.

It is hard when there is an heir apparent to a legend that just does not entirely pan out. This is what happened with Solich, and Carr to an extent. They were solid coaches, but they took over National Championship caliber programs and could not keep them at National Championship caliber levels. I predict the same for FSU and PSU in the near future. FSU more near obviously.

FSU I think could very well be on its way back. The game has simply passed Bobby by (sad, but true). Fisher seems like he's going to hit the ground running, and that's exactly what the 'Noles need right now. Their recruiting class was VERY good, and I have a hunch that having Mark Stoops as the DC will make that unit much more than just an All-ACC track team.

Why exactly would it have to be EVERY NFL scout?

I think if 3 or 4 told Carr this was what RR was saying it would carry some pretty good weight.

While I hate RichRod ... I like having him at Michigan because it ensures that Soup will remain at Iowa. If Michigan ends up landing more of a Carr-like good 'ole boy ... they new guy would likely make a big push to get Soup back. I don't want to see that happen.

Looks like there is definitely a war of words going here and the authur of the book fires back:

..Deren told the Free Press today that the attention bothers him, as it overshadows the four stories he weaved throughout the book. But more than that, he wants to reiterate that, “I stand by my work. I reported what I was told.â€

While only Trent told Deren of the conversation with Carr, the author said Rodriguez’s alleged critiques were verified elsewhere. “I did call a couple NFL scouts, and they didn’t want their names to be put in there,†Deren said. “I talked to NFL scouts because I had to get the information for many parts of the book. They verified that Morgan didn’t get the best review from his head coach, Rodriguez.â€

U-M sports blog: Author chimes in on Morgan Trent-Rich Rodriguez book passage | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I would never say never...But I am pretty sure Soup has had shots to move from Iowa for more/head coaching, and said thanks but no thanks...he likes it here now. Kirk takes GOOD care of his assistants.

Latest posts