OT: MLB Coming to Dyerville

You don’t get it do you?

So what don't I exactly get? Like I said, I understand the fact that the "original field" was unplayable as a major league field for a magnitude of reasons, and couldn't be used the way it is. I've always said its great for the state and the Dyersville/Dubuque area. But regardless of how unique and cool the new stadium is, it's not the true field of dreams. That's been my point since this thread was created...not sure "what there is to get"?

If you like replica's that are nothing like the original that cool, I have nothing against that. All I'm saying is that, the way I see it, building a new stadium (regardless of whether I'll like the finished product or not) they aren't creating the "field of dreams", they're just building another minor league stadium and putting the field of dreams name on it for a MLB game.

somehow...I get the feeling they're about to f up a really cool place.
They've already talked about multiple diamonds/housing for baseball camps, AAU tournaments, etc. Turning it into a massive sportsplex. It was brought up five years ago or so but haven't heard anything about in a while.

If you go back in time, remember that the Averkamp family planted corn on their property in right field the year after the movie was shot. It was the second year, after droves of tourists started visiting the site, that they opened their piece of the property back up for baseball.

If they decide in 1990 that they want to keep using right field for farmland who knows if any of this takes off.

Latest posts