OT: Jerry Petitgoue

Northside Hawk

Wisconsin high school hoops legend grabbed career victory #999 last night, goes for the grand Saturday afternoon.

There may be active high school coaches out there who are nearing this milestone but those who are starting out will never get there again. He has been patrolling Cuba City's sideline through the administrations of ten US presidents.

It won't be easy. He schedules a Milwaukee inner city school every year and he chose a doozy in Milwaukee Carmen.

If not tomorrow, the next chance will be at a school he has tormented for decades, Southwestern of Hazel Green (just five miles down the road)

That would actually be cooler if he got it in there. Our volleyball coach recently got her career win #500 in that same gym.

You ask why this is important for this forum? Well he coaches my kid!

He has coached a lot of people's kids, some for three generations.

I've known about him. You may have brought him up some time ago. He sounds to be a great individual who really connects with kids decades younger than him. A rare breed. Excellent and congrats to him!

I've known about him. You may have brought him up some time ago. He sounds to be a great individual who really connects with kids decades younger than him. A rare breed. Excellent and congrats to him!
He likes you if you can shoot. But this is one of the better defensive teams he's had in over a decade.

You know it's wierd. The entire Dubuque area lost a ton of players to graduation from last year and that includes southwest Wisconsin. But we've already beat the team from Racine that knocked us out in sectionals last year.

As for relating to kids decades younger that is true to an extent. He retired from teaching two decades ago which allows him to focus full time on basketball. He is a true old time hoops junkie, the type that Dick Vitale (who he knows personally) used to talk about when he described hanging out in Jersey shore diners with other coaches until the wee hours of the morning talking hoops and drawing plays on napkins.

That's Jerry. He knows just about everyone in the game, including some big time D 1 coaches.