OT: Izzo loses another player

I can't help but think that some of the problems the Spartans had this season might stem from Izzo flirting with the Cavs job this last offseason. He talks about wanting "players committed to Spartan basketball" but he didn't show that same commitment then, and that might have hurt team morale this season.

Not a big surprise to me. Sherman was overrated coming out of HS,and never really panned out. Payne and Nix are the future in the post for MSU and this just gives Izzo another scholly to add to his somewhat depleted talent base. I would not be a bit surprised if Izzo sat him down last week and had ''the talk'' with him...like Lick did with Tony Freeman.

I can't help but think that some of the problems the Spartans had this season might stem from Izzo flirting with the Cavs job this last offseason. He talks about wanting "players committed to Spartan basketball" but he didn't show that same commitment then, and that might have hurt team morale this season.

How was that not staying committed? Didn't he stay at MSU? You can't expect a coach to be tempted by other offers. Bottom line is he stayed and thus stayed committed.

He will probably end up at Iowa State Correctional College. Hoiberg loves him some sloppy seconds. So I guess if this makes the 3rd Spartan on ISCC roster should we refer to them as Sparty's Sloppy Seconds???

He will probably end up at Iowa State Correctional College. Hoiberg loves him some sloppy seconds. So I guess if this makes the 3rd Spartan on ISCC roster should we refer to them as Sparty's Sloppy Seconds???

How about West Lansing?? Or Izzo's rejection rehab center? Or maybe we could say that the kid is headed to the other side of the "tracks".:D

This kid didn't get kicked off of the team, he's just leaving. I don't get everyone's fascination with ISU. Who cares. What if Iowa signs Hubbard, we've alreadys seen how ISU fans reacted to us offering the kid. People need to let it go, it's getting old.

This kid didn't get kicked off of the team, he's just leaving. I don't get everyone's fascination with ISU. Who cares. What if Iowa signs Hubbard, we've alreadys seen how ISU fans reacted to us offering the kid. People need to let it go, it's getting old.

What gets old is Cyclone fans coming on this board and claiming how much of a power they are going to be from here on out because somehow these otherwise "role-players" are now some All-Americans because they play for Fred "Jesus of Ames" Hoiberg!!!

If NASCAR was a college sport and Fred Hoiberg was the coach and Danica Patrick transferred to Iowa State, they would claim she is the greatest driver in the history of racing because she races for Hoiberg.

We get it, Iowa State is going to win a national title next season. If you don't then you should fire Hoiberg for failing.

What gets old is Cyclone fans coming on this board and claiming how much of a power they are going to be from here on out because somehow these otherwise "role-players" are now some All-Americans because they play for Fred "Jesus of Ames" Hoiberg!!!

If NASCAR was a college sport and Fred Hoiberg was the coach and Danica Patrick transferred to Iowa State, they would claim she is the greatest driver in the history of racing because she races for Hoiberg.

We get it, Iowa State is going to win a national title next season. If you don't then you should fire Hoiberg for failing.

Seems to me that you are the one that's talking about it the most here.

Where in the gods name have ISU fans ever called for winning the National Title?
Hell I think most of ISU fans are going to be happy with a post season tournament next year.
Damn.. seems like you really need to let the isu cracks go.. what if iowa lands the guy who spent 3 years 11 months in PRISON!!!!

Keep the Iowa State correctional University coming, clowns, lames...
It's quite comical.

Last edited:
There is a feature on this board where you can search for all posts by a single user. I am slow at work today so I thought I'd take a little gander. Honestly I think I talk about Iowa more than Ryno does.

Latest posts