OT: How Hawkeyenation has smoked 2 work laptops

Omaherky

On the road and enjoying Hawkeyenation on my work laptop when ....... Symantec gets blown up with exploits....and yes I'm running the suggested IE8.

Outcome 2 work laptops (hard drive) got smoked and would not boot back up.

That is how much I love the Hawks, and so do my corporate IT folks.

"Fool me once shame on you umm me. Fool me twice and............we won't get fooled again" -GWB

Amazing I come to this sight daily and have no problems. I'd say your issues are not HN related more likely the results of Symantec combined with user error.

Amazing I come to this sight daily and have no problems. I'd say your issues are not HN related more likely the results of Symantec combined with user error.

Jordell, thanks for the feedback. I will go with Symantec definitions not being up to date and not user error. I'm somewhat tech wise.

I'm not mad about it. Work computer, which sucks to be without but I enjoy going to the boards.

I work in IT repairing just these sort of things and it's just coincidence. There are very few viruses out there in the wild that will completely toast a hard drive and if you're running Symantec with updated virus definitions, then the chances of a bad infection like that are even less likely.

If your laptop hard drives are failing regularly it is probably more likely that they are being handled too roughly. For example bumping the laptop while it is writing to or reading from the hard drive, storing the laptop someplace like your car where the temperature is fluctuating wildly and humidity levels vary, etc.

Latest posts