OT: Concussion-the movie?

ColoradoHAWKEYE

So is this a theatrical movie, a documentary, or an awareness advertisement? Just curious, Im pretty sure of the answer, and certainly could google, but worth getting input on the subject anyway...thoughts?

I've flipped between the tOSU/Meetchicken & Clemson games and the commercials for this movie are quite prominent. They're really hyping it that's for sure.

I've flipped between the tOSU/Meetchicken & Clemson games and the commercials for this movie are quite prominent. They're really hyping it that's for sure.

That's what I was thinking, doing the same surfing. Wondering the agenda behind it, other than the obvious. Hmmm, what to go see, A whole movie on a sport and its biased cover-up of a medical certainty and legal wranglings, or Star wars?

All of this info in the movie was covered in a PBS Frontline show a year ago. It is based on facts which lead the NFL to agree to pay former NFL players and the Players Union about 500 million dollars in damages.

But the movie I think is going to show how this medical examiner was ignored and shunned because of his findings which makes you think of a big coverup and turning a blind eye knowing how dangerous the head hits and CTE can be.

I suggest going to the PBS website and you should be able to view the Frontline documentary first to get award winning journalistic coverage.

It's the true story of the doctor who discovered CTE in football players and how the NFL covered it up.

And as the previous couple posters mentioned, the Frontline documentary on the subject is an absolute must watch. That said, the Will Smith movie will do far more to publicize this issue than PBS has been able to accomplish.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/league-of-denial/

This problem is basically why Chris Borland retired, and I think that we're going to see more and more decisions like that in the coming years.

Speaking of this, any word on Nieman? I was very worried about him. Did not look good. Hope he's ok.

I could see Nieman go limp after his own guy hit him on one of those weird one in a thousand hits where Neiman's head dropped down just enough to be in the target line.

Very scary and he looked totally out, very bad hit. The announcers were clueless for 10-15 seconds.

I hope B Neiman is ok and doesnt play in 8 days if he failed the concussion tests.

Maybe some day there will be found a predictor to know why some players get this CTE syndrome while others do not. Until then players like Chris Borland may notice some big hits are just not worth it.

that PBS special was an eye opening documentary. The part on the former Steelers center (Mike Webster) who's body was destroyed from playing too long in the NFL was pretty sad to watch. Even his skin was a total wreck after playing football that long.

Latest posts