OT: Coach Bob Hurley

tweeterhawk

There are many basketball purists on this board. If you missed it, 60 Minutes aired a tremendous piece on Bob Hurley, coach of the national high school champion St. Anthony basketball program.

Not many of his players would ever want to venture to the Midwest, but it would be great if Fran eventually could get Iowa in the conversation. The full video story is available here.

Coach Bob Hurley: The Sage of St. Anthony - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Last edited:
If anyone wants to get a more indepth picture of what basketball is like at St. Anthony's read "The Miracle of St. Anthony's" It follows an entire season with the basketball team and the struggles Hurley and the players face.

What's the meaning of the OT: in front of thread titles? Official thread?

It means Old Testament. Bob Hurley is just the Aglicized name of the general of ancient Judea "Balch Hur-Lam", who under the rule of the Judge Ehud, lead a small band of five men against a Philisten fortress ringing Mt. Martubesh, and killed all of the men within by hurling rocks inside the circle.

It means Old Testament. Bob Hurley is just the Aglicized name of the general of ancient Judea "Balch Hur-Lam", who under the rule of the Judge Ehud, lead a small band of five men against a Philisten fortress ringing Mt. Martubesh, and killed all of the men within by hurling rocks inside the circle.

Failed again. Every thread...never ceases to amaze me at how little you add to the conversation.

Failed again. Every thread...never ceases to amaze me at how little you add to the conversation.

Added humor. Most people appreciate. I don't, but some do. Wait.... I do too I also wait to see what m0nk-eye-eeeee has to say about stuff, 'specially BB prediction items.

Added humor. Most people appreciate. I don't, but some do. Wait.... I do too I also wait to see what m0nk-eye-eeeee has to say about stuff, 'specially BB prediction items.

I get that...it's just that her added humor is never humorous. That and she consistently hijacks threads like it's her job.

Tweet, I saw the 60 Minutes segment on Bob Hurley Sr, and I totally agree that he's a very unique and principled man. He reminds me of Bob Knight, but not as extreme (obviously).
As a side note, I can't believe how old Bobby and Danny Hurley look nowadays. :eek:

Tweet, I saw the 60 Minutes segment on Bob Hurley Sr, and I totally agree that he's a very unique and principled man. He reminds me of Bob Knight, but not as extreme (obviously).
As a side note, I can't believe how old Bobby and Danny Hurley look nowadays. :eek:

I know. It was only a year or two ago that Bobby was leading Duke to national championships, wasn't it? :eek::eek::eek:

Justin+and+Hurley.JPG

Latest posts