OSU with Urban Myer should be interesting?

Saginawbay

At the end of the season Urban with take the position at OSU and should really change the landscape of the Big Ten, and hopefully Iowa will go after a new DC and get some new life as well with some different ideas and just bring some new excitment to IC. Norm has been a great coach, but time for some new fire.

At the end of the season Urban with take the position at OSU and should really change the landscape of the Big Ten, and hopefully Iowa will go after a new DC and get some new life as well with some different ideas and just bring some new excitment to IC. Norm has been a great coach, but time for some new fire.
Change the landscape? what are they going to do win 6 straight conference championships or something? oh wait...

I had this discussion with my brother the other day. No matter who OSU hires it cannot be any worse for the rest of the big then the vest was..

I had this discussion with my brother the other day. No matter who OSU hires it cannot be any worse for the rest of the big then the vest was..

I agree completely. OSU isn't going to get to a higher level with Urban. If anything, he'll just return them to where they were under the vest.

Illinois is the team I worry about. If they go out and get a great coach, that could have a significant effect on the rest of the Big Ten.

People need to get off Norms ***, because I seem to recall for some years our defense won games or kept us in games when our offense couldn't produce. Maybe Iowa should go after Stoops right, and if he isn't the savior for our down year on defense then bring Norm back.

As far as Urban Myer as the new coach, bring him on. He needs the right QB for his systems(smith and Tebow). Not saying he wouldn't get them but who cares NORM can formulate a game plan.

People need to get off Norms ***, because I seem to recall for some years our defense won games or kept us in games when our offense couldn't produce.

Some years? How about EVERY year! Lets stop talking about Defense and start admitting what our real problem is - OFFENSE

the last two years the defense has been the worst i have seen under Norm, sorry his effectiveness is slipping, last year he did us no good by being in the Hospital due to health issues, he cannot go on the road to recruit because of Health issues, i love his defense, because being simple the new kids can learn quicker,
but lets face facts because of Health issues his effectiveness is slipping, for recruiting purposes we need someone that can get out there on the road to recruit,
i would really like to know if there is a position on the staff he can take over and not count towards the coaching limit
maybe a job like Bowen on the BB team,

Change the landscape, I really love that talk. I also remember when Michigan hired RR and he was going to change the landscape as well. The Big Ten landscape isn't changing.

What I will find interesting (me included) is big-10 fans, who for years "hated" UM becuz he was an SEC guy, will hail him as a "great grab" by the league and embrace him.

Sort of like when Jabbar played for the Milwaukee Bucks. I loathed him until he became a Laker, then immediately loved him. :)

I agree completely. OSU isn't going to get to a higher level with Urban. If anything, he'll just return them to where they were under the vest.

Illinois is the team I worry about. If they go out and get a great coach, that could have a significant effect on the rest of the Big Ten.

I wouldn't spend much energy worrying about illannoy, Burky. They have a well-documented history of hiring meathead failures as head coach. They have a shrinking, delusional fanbase and they don't come close to filling a small stadium even when they start 6-0. The new AD is not a magician. Illannoy will suck for many years to come.

I wouldn't spend much energy worrying about illannoy, Burky. They have a well-documented history of hiring meathead failures as head coach. They have a shrinking, delusional fanbase and they don't come close to filling a small stadium even when they start 6-0. The new AD is not a magician. Illannoy will suck for many years to come.

I hope you're right Vin.

Seriously? OSU is a sinking ship. No way Meyer comes aboard a program that is about to get hit with USC-style bowl-bans and 5 years worth of scholly reductions.

Meyer will only go someplace loaded with talent where he can win immediately. Same reason he picked Florida over ND.

Rhoads to Texas when Mack Brown is fired.
SubUrban meyer to isu.
BOOK IT.
Mike stoops to pennistate.
Chizik to fo$u.
BOOK IT.

I expect Meyer to take the OSU job,and he will find a way to overcome the sanctions and have OSU very competitive very quickly. Ohio preps will walkon to OSU if they have to in order to wear that uni.
Braxton Miller would fit Meyers scheme like a glove. Very dangerous combo.
I am just glad that they are not in the Legends,so not our problem til the Title game in most years. Sure,we will play them enough,but do not have to beat them to win the Legends,and Michigan plays them every year.

I would not be surprised to see Meyer try to recruit Fickell to remain as d-coordinator. Fickel is a Columbus kid,and OSU guy...and being d-coordinator at OSU will be great spot to jump to another big job someday...maybe even as Meyers successor at OSU.

Landscape change? Not so much. Maybe Meyer plays the spread,maybe not. He is innovative,but he also knows the Big Ten,and knows that spread teams do not generally play good enough defense vs Pro sets to win consistently...see DickRod.

Seriously? OSU is a sinking ship. No way Meyer comes aboard a program that is about to get hit with USC-style bowl-bans and 5 years worth of scholly reductions.

Meyer will only go someplace loaded with talent where he can win immediately. Same reason he picked Florida over ND.

Every single point made is this post is incorrect. Literally could not be more wrong.

Every single point made is this post is incorrect. Literally could not be more wrong.

Another poster's penchant for inaccuracies doesn't change the fact that you are a dooshbag.