Osborne speaks about expansion

This is interesting...it absolutely is a dont forget about us quote...

Not sure that adding Nebraska as a stand alone is a great thing, but its not bad. If you can't do Notre Dame, or Texas, then Nebraska along with a Missouri and Rutgers would be three to add. I would love Iowa being in the same division with Nebraska.

I love that GOD has spoken and is interested in hearing from the Big 10. Gives us some instant credibility here in Big Red country that maybe the conference isn't the joke they all like to pretend it is. :)

I would love seeing Hawkeye/Husker football matchups.. I would think that could turn into a great rivalry (if it isn't already a rivalry).

I wouldn't mind picking up a rivalry with Nebraska, but as far as bringing them into the conference... what, other than lots of PAST tradition in football do they have to offer?

As far as viewership of the BTN goes, Nebraska has only 1.7 million people total. Compare that to the populations of Missouri (6 million) and Texas (24 million). How big is their out-of-state following?

It would be fun to have another border rivalry, though.

I wouldn't mind picking up a rivalry with Nebraska, but as far as bringing them into the conference... what, other than lots of PAST tradition in football do they have to offer?

As far as viewership of the BTN goes, Nebraska has only 1.7 million people total. Compare that to the populations of Missouri (6 million) and Texas (24 million). How big is their out-of-state following?

It would be fun to have another border rivalry, though.

Missouri would make a good rivalry as well. I miss playing them in hoops every year. I was sorry to see that series go away.

Hard to argue about Nebraska.. Their basketball program has never really been relevant, but their FB program is still a name, even if it's not what it used to be. Texas would be a major boost to the conference..

That article is YO!

I would love to see Nebby and Mizzou come in. Great rivals for Iowa, Nebraska does bring tradition while Mizzou brings the population. I for one am really pulling for both to join.

Why do so many want 14 teams in the conference? I'm curious as to why anyone thinks this would be a good idea. It would destroy what the B10 is to have that much change, and in football you'd go 6 years without playing some schools....might as well not be in the same conference. Hell lets add 9 more teams and call them Big 10 East and Big 10 West.

Why do so many want 14 teams in the conference? I'm curious as to why anyone thinks this would be a good idea. It would destroy what the B10 is to have that much change, and in football you'd go 6 years without playing some schools....might as well not be in the same conference. Hell lets add 9 more teams and call them Big 10 East and Big 10 West.

I'll tell you why you would do this if you are the big ten. Simply win this conference and you are in the national title game even with 1 loss you are almost a sure fire pick. Every year the title game would be big 10 vs SEC. And that thing about playing a team every 6 years wouldnt always be true, because there are so many things we could do as in adding an extra game or even taking one of the OOC games off and replacing it with a conference game. With teams like Texas, NEbby, MIssou, OSU, Mich, PSU, Iowa, Wiscy all packed into once conferece, the OOC games would hardly matter. You could have 1 or two warm up OOC games and the rest all be conference games.

It would be a dreem come true for me and im sure many other hawk fans around the council bluffs, omaha area to have neb join the big ten. it would instantly improve my daily life as they could no longer talk about how week the big ten is and how amazing the big 12 is.

It would be a dreem come true for me and im sure many other hawk fans around the council bluffs, omaha area to have neb join the big ten. it would instantly improve my daily life as they could no longer talk about how week the big ten is and how amazing the big 12 is.

If i lived in Council Bluffs, I think I would get a T-Shirt made up that Said..

TOM OSBORNE "IF THE B10 CALLS, I'M ANSWERING!"
WELCOME TO THE BIG 10 HUSKERS!!!!

From football standpoint it would make a ton of sense for Nebraska to want to join the Big10...it would give them a suitable border rival (Iowa) instead of weak sauce ISU, KU and KSU. It would also tell the Big12 to shove it, since the conference seems to care very little about the North as it is, not to mention how they screwed Nebraska by taking away their one historical rivalry (Oklahoma) and shifted the spot light to the Red River Shootout instead.

Preach it, brother!

Latest posts