Oregon

I watch their game last night. I think we might have an edge on the break, but they have some talent. Nothing compared to what we saw against MSU.

It simply comes down to this which road Hawk team will show up:
Penn State road Hawk or Wisky road Hawk

I thought Oregon looked pretty solid. I think we can shred their press, but my biggest concern is which Bryce will show. Good decision Bryce or bad decision Bryce?

I thought Oregon looked pretty solid. I think we can shred their press, but my biggest concern is which Bryce will show. Good decision Bryce or bad decision Bryce?

That is probably the truest statement. I hope its the same Bryce that was at CHA last night. 11 dimes and 2 TO's. He still makes me nervous, would love to see Gatens get his game going on Sunday!

I agree, transition buckets with White in the lane and also hopefully some open looks for Ogelsby and Gatens for 3 on the secondary break is the key. Iowa has very rarely played well on the road after a big win but would be awesome to keep going.

I agree, transition buckets with White in the lane and also hopefully some open looks for Ogelsby and Gatens for 3 on the secondary break is the key. Iowa has very rarely played well on the road after a big win but would be awesome to keep going.

Would be awesome but the road is a scary place for these Hawks.

I am more concerned with stopping the Ducks. They put up 96 pts on LSU last nite.
They have three scorers in Joseph,Sim and Singler. They all shoot well from the arc- Joseph(43%),Sim (47%),Singler(35%), and make their free throws...all averaging double figures. Joseph was a highly touted prep who was one of the Gophers best players til he transferred.
Tony Woods was the #20 overall recruit (#3) center, when he came out of HS..going to Wake Forest,then to Oregon...big guy at 6'11'' 260.
We will be underdogs,and rightfully so,with our shaky road performance this year..three road wins all year,just like Dayton last nite.
Oregon lost by a point to eventual Pac 12 tourny title champ Colorado,which is their only loss in their last 6 games. They are playing their best ball of the year,and feel gypped out of a NCAA bid.
I expect the Oregon fans to come out on a Sunday and they are loud.
Hawks need to shoot very well and defend better to hang in this game...otherwise could be a repeat of the LSU rout. The Ducks play 9+ guys and could wear us down in the fast tempo both teams favor. Should be a fun game,but Hawks have to play damn near perfect to upset them in a home venue they rarely taste taste defeat.

All good points about the strengths of Oregon. Negatives, though: No top 50 wins in four tries. They have won 5 out of their last 6, but the only real quality win was at home against Colorado, and they lost to them a week later on a neutral floor. They lost at home to Oregon State, which is a team most systems rank well behind Iowa. They don't have the sort of front line that usually gives Iowa problems. They will be tough to beat if they are hitting 3s, but if the Hawks can coax a cold shooting night out of them I like their chances.

Coach Altman is a great coach. His half court 2-2-1 and 2-1-2 press will give us fits! We have to get defensive stops in order to run...as Dakich pointed out last night there was not a high level of defense being played by either team. Going to Eugene will be a formidable task. They played the toughest schedule in the Pac 10 as the announcers last night pointed out. I hope the Hawks can squeak one out but I am afraid this will be a very tough game to win.

Latest posts