Oregon/OSU

I don't know, unnecessary roughness maybe, but that should not be an ejectable offense, and I think that should be the standard for targeting. The receiver didn't need to lower his helmet either, and he could've made contact with the crown of the helmet too on accident. These things happen incidentally. Obviously that's subjective, but ultimately most calls these refs make for these sort of things are on some level, regardless of what they will tell you.

The tackler lowered his helmet right into that players back. When you lead with the crown of your helmet what difference does it make on what part of the body he hit? He clearly led with his helmet.

The tackler lowered his helmet right into that players back. When you lead with the crown of your helmet what difference does it make on what part of the body he hit? He clearly led with his helmet.
What difference does it make if he buries the crown of his helmet or his face guard into the receiver's lower back? I think ultimately that play was not egregious enough to eject the player, which is always the case for targeting. I didn't see it as intentionally malicious. I think there should be something more separating unnecessary roughness from targeting than the crown of the helmet. Obviously I am for enforcing the rules as they are written. That doesn't mean I think the rules are perfect.

What difference does it make if he buries the crown of his helmet or his face guard into the receiver's lower back? I think ultimately that play was not egregious enough to eject the player, which is always the case for targeting. I didn't see it as intentionally malicious. I think there should be something more separating unnecessary roughness from targeting than the crown of the helmet. Obviously I am for enforcing the rules as they are written. That doesn't mean I think the rules are perfect.

I agree it probably wasn’t malicious but how do you determine that? If the defender had lowered his head and hit the head of the receiver then it looks malicious as hell. I’d agree against kicking the player for that but to me that should be a penalty.

Just about time to turn out the lights on OSU. They will need to shore up that defense and beat everyone big time to get to CFP

LOL Nebraska had their 1st TD of the game called back for offensive pass interference. All those damn balloons released for nothing.

Latest posts