Oregon not playing help us or help them?

justwinbaby

I personally think it helps us. Being able to play and get some nerves dealt with is better than sitting in a hotel room and watching everyone else play.

Fatigue won’t be an issue so playing is an advantage IMO. We also got about a 4 hour head start on preparation.

Maybe Garza sitting in the first half was a good thing. He didn't play 38 minutes. The truth though is that GCU played him really physical. There was alot of stuff the refs didn't call. There is a toll in a game like that. Weezy had to work really hard to get any space...same with Bohannon...Blacksheer was a really good defensive guard and the guy guarding Weiskamp was a great defensive player and he was physical too. GCU was a really good team...and in these one game seasons...they would give alot of top seeds trouble.

In the end...it's kind of like playing Illinois in the B10 tourney after playing Wisconsin to the death the night before. Iowa was sluggish. The only thing better here is that Iowa gets a full day to recover...but that's offset with Oregon not playing at all.

Fran needs to use his bench wisely...Murray and Patrick need to get more first half minutes...same with Toussaint and Perkins. Wow...Perkins is a gamer...no hesitation to his game...or mental approach. I love it.

I wish it was a late game...which it should be Monday...but looks like we get the 11:00am slot.

The players talked about how great it was to play a game after being stuck in a hotel for so long. Didn't think of that part of it.

not having to play a first round game is a HUGE advantage for Oregon
I thought the same thing. I looked up how the play-in teams have done and 9 of the 20 winners won their next game. It doesn't really have much to do with Iowa's game IMO, but it made me feel a little better about their off day when I saw that.

Iowa has been on a consistent, carefully managed schedule since day 1 of the tournament. Oregon? No. Iowa has won a game. They have played against decent competition. Oregon, no. And they have familiarity with the venue, especially the shooting background. Oregon, no. They have had plenty of rest since the BT tournament and one game is not going to wear them out. And, Oregon has to cross a couple of time zones. I think Iowa will be fine.

Latest posts