Oregon Ducks Football: Major Violations

College fb is becoming more slimy every day.

This ain't nothing ... :)

Pony-Express-History1.jpg

very, very curious to see how this shakes out. Auburn gets by with apparently nothing. Boise St gets hit hard for something very minor compared to this. it's not like Oregon is the money making bell cow that these SEC schools are, so maybe they'll get hit hard too.

Not at all surprised, will be very surprised if they get seriously penalized.

Of course their coach may have taken the "Coaching for Cheaters" course from Pete Carroll and learned to leave for the NFL just before the sanctions hit.

very, very curious to see how this shakes out. Auburn gets by with apparently nothing. Boise St gets hit hard for something very minor compared to this. it's not like Oregon is the money making bell cow that these SEC schools are, so maybe they'll get hit hard too.

You serious clark? Go to Scheel's in Coralville and see how much "NoHuddleNoMercy" **** there is. Even in the home of the Hawks the Ducks are pimping merchandise like it's their job.

You serious clark? Go to Scheel's in Coralville and see how much "NoHuddleNoMercy" **** there is. Even in the home of the Hawks the Ducks are pimping merchandise like it's their job.

yeah, they're the hot team right now. but the NCAA seems to really favor those traditional schools. i'm sure they're making coin off of the Ducks. we'll see if the NCAA has any teeth left.

well, for their "penalty" the NCAA will give them corner time and find a reason to hit Ohio (or some other lesser, unimportant school) with a major probation so they can show people "see, we are still cracking the whip on cheaters". After the $Cam Newton thing, I lost all faith in the NCAA.

The really elite recruits are recruited hard, there is a of competition. I think no matter what rules are in place, some booster or coach's agent is going to offer illicit incentives. Some kids love a school are are going there no matter what. Some kids just won't be influence - Moiaki type guys come to mind there. However a lot of others are suseptible. The big traditional programs have a well built well refined illicit recruiting apparatus. Big boosters just know what to do, nobody has to say anything. It just happens.

well, for their "penalty" the NCAA will give them corner time and find a reason to hit Ohio (or some other lesser, unimportant school) with a major probation so they can show people "see, we are still cracking the whip on cheaters". After the $Cam Newton thing, I lost all faith in the NCAA.
And let's not forget 'da U, a death penalty case if there ever was one.

This.
It's served up on a platter and the NCAA does nothing. It still disgusts me when I think about it.
I'll be surprised with any additional punishment from the NCAA.