Orangebloods report....

ESPN bottom line just reported that Nebraska has been invited, per FOX Sports Ohio, and that Nebraska has accepted. Osborne has informed members of the athletic department.

A historic day boys.

texas has told coaches that they tried to save the Big 12 but were unsuccessful. A move to the Pac 10 is coming for texas.

You mean I may actually have to root for the damn Cornpuckers during bowl season! I never thought I'd see the day. But I would love to beat them from time to time to put the lousy Cornhusker idiots on ice for a full year.

Do not get me wrong, I am happy with Nebraska joining (would have preferred ND), but does this really accomplish the goals that Delaney set at the beginning of this process?

Go Hawks!

this has been fun. Couple of things i noticed in this thread...The first article linked says this, the Big ten is targeting 1)ND, 2)NEB. okay they went on to say that the ND has been told if they join, then expansion stops with them only. Yet supposly Neb has been ofered and has accepted. formal announcement on friday. This article counterdicts itself. IF ND has that type of offer and promise, and hasn't made up it's mind yet, is the big ten offering somone else?

Like i said, i am having a lot of fun reading all the rumours speculations, but i don't beleive anything until it comes out in a real press conf.

Do not get me wrong, I am happy with Nebraska joining (would have preferred ND), but does this really accomplish the goals that Delaney set at the beginning of this process?

Go Hawks!

Not yet. I'm betting this is just the beginning.

Not necessarily a contradiction.

Notre Dame might have had that type of offer, but didn't act. Since the Pac-10 upped the ante, Notre Dame's offer expired.

Now, it doesn't mean Notre Dame can't come to the Big 10, it just means that the Big 10 can no longer promise Notre Dame they will come alone, but that is fine since Notre Dame had the chance to take that scenario and balked.

This is NOT official! And Osborn did NOT meet with all the coaches and tell them Nebraska is going to the Big 10.

Still unsubstantiated rumors. I'll believe it when it is confirmed by a reliable source.

Latest posts