Orange Crush got discounted tickets

I was at the game two sections from them, and as annoying as it was how are you going to stop it? Unless everyone decides to buy season tickets again anyone can do what they did. I had a buddy call me who was not at the game griping about Barta, but I am sorry this one is totally on the Iowa fans not buying those tickets. Anyone can buy tickets to games right now and there is no stopping the N'west, Michigan or indiana students from doing the same thing. There have been tons of seats available behind the basket all year. Even if they would have split the students up they could have all moved down to the 10th row and been together anyway.

Thank you tigerhawkigirl. I have been complaining about this as well. How could you not expect this to happen. Any large groups(especially anything over 150 people for gods sake) should have been flagged and split up for this game. Everyone knew this was coming...or should have at least.

How dumb can we be? Follow the leader I suppose.

It is pretty simple really:

1) get a coach that can put an entertaining product on the floor

2) Play exciting bb instead of whatever bb we are playing now

3) win

As much as I like Cully, the Illinois fans probably wouldn't have been a factor if it hadn't been for his two air balls in a row... especially since it took a long time for him to make a shot after them, and since he's the PG and has the ball at least 50% of the time.

Even if their tickets were split up...what was going to stop them from gathering together in an empty section behind the hoop?

If Iowa would have won the game we'd all be talking about how dumb the Orange crush was. I give them credit they support their bball team, of course it's easier when they win games.

This is a non-issue. The seats were empty so they were sold.

Bingo. As bad as ticket sales for basketball are going, it's folly to think that those seats would have been filled if not for the Illini fans.

The University of Iowa would like to thank the Orange Krush for spending their money on Iowa basketball.

Latest posts