orange bowl tickets sold?

Haven't heard a number in the last few days. But a friend that works at the athletic department told me today Iowa will not sellout its allotment. I guess sales have slowed to crawl since this weekend. Hopefully we have some fans that ordered directly from the bowl website and we get at least 20k down there.

I think 25000 to 30000 Iowa fans will be there

I'll take that..........a down economy and the fact that Hawk fans have been there, done that!

Now if Jon's Fiesta prediction had come true - we'd be talking about Kinnick south numbers!

The University has sold about 15,000. When you add the Hawk fans that have purchased tickets through the Orange Bowl, Stub Hub, Ticket Master and other sources we'll end up with 30,000+ fans at the game. Maybe a lot more. There are a lot of Hawkeye fans in Florida.

I do believe the university got 17,000 to sell to start. If they sold out, then they would be alloted another 5 or 6,000 i do believe.

I know several people are waiting to see about vacation time and what not. I am sure there will be a late surge from hawk fans, also there is several Iowans down in Florida, that will make the trip to watch the hawks! We had tickets to the fiesta bowl, now trying to get rid of those. Thank god a buddy of mine who lives out in Idaho, is working on that for me right now!

Just curious, how much is the average going rate for a package to get down there and watch the game? Of course, it depends on which seat you get, but just wondering on an average.

Just curious, how much is the average going rate for a package to get down there and watch the game? Of course, it depends on which seat you get, but just wondering on an average.

Here you go, I believe the Alumni Association is the one that Jon uses for the HN charters. This is just one set of numbers, you can find packages for less and some for more from other companies depending on how long you want to stay and what else you want to have included.

http://www.doddsathletictours.com/bowlg/index.asp?school_id=10&bowl_id=7

Edit: all packages except the pregame one include a game ticket as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts