Orange Bowl-Miami dress code?

MNHawkeyeFreak

I saw a reference in one of the Orange bowl activity threads something along the lines of "unlike the previous Orange Bowl, Hawk fans wouldn't have to worry about a dress code and could wear their Hawkeye attire"...in otherwords...our Hawk t-shirts.

I have never been to Miami...so for those that have..is there a problem getting into various restaurants, bars, etc with your Black and Gold? It sure made packing easy last year when all I had to throw in the suitcase was nothing but Hawk shirts. (and pants of course)

The concern is getting sniped out of nowhere by the natives that pack heat for wearing black and gold, not getting rejected from bars

But in all seriousness if a restaurant turns you down for wearing something "Iowa" then they must be burning dollar bills for heat...this is 2009!

The dress code was related to a post-Hawkeye Huddle party at Cameo Nightclub. Apparently it will be okay to wear Iowa gear, shorts and sandals into the club for the party.

However, if you plan to go to any of the other large, fancy nightclubs in Miami Beach during your visit you will need to follow the club's dress code. As for the exact dress code, it varies, but you will probably need pants or jeans (no holes), leather shoes, and a collared shirt.

Go Hawks!

Thank you jchromes you are exactly right. When a bunch of us (22 at the time) went to the last Orange Bowl the "fancy" clubs wanted nothing to do with us because of our dress attire. My friend is friends with the dudes who run this nightclub. They approached him and said that they wanted us to throw a Hawkeye party and we said it will only be successful if you allow Hawkeyes to be Hawkeyes and show their pride. At the end of the day they were cool with that. You shouldn't have problems going out to eat.

If a place has a dress code, I'll never set foot in it.

I think I can put on my "big city" clothes for a night of viewing carmel skinned beauties in hot latin isnpired goans. Gee I might even take off my farmer hat and put a little of that flashy gel they wear in their hair just to do it right.

I think I can put on my "big city" clothes for a night of viewing carmel skinned beauties in hot latin isnpired goans. Gee I might even take off my farmer hat and put a little of that flashy gel they wear in their hair just to do it right.

That's the team spirit!

I will never regret having to once wear a waiter's jacket to cover my sleaveless t-shirt at Carson's ribs in Chicago :)

I've never been to Carson's...I've heard it's good eats. That's the place that's a little ways south of Wrigleyville just off the lake a few blocks?

I avoid Chicago at all costs, but that's one place I'd like to get to if it's the one I am thinking of.

This thread is just cracking me up. Some people really need to be told you can't wear t-shirts and shorts into South Beach clubs? After all of the breath I have spent defending my brethren in the midwest as not being a group of pastoral rubes, this is the thanks I get? Complaining about dress codes?

Are blue jeans against the strict dress code policy? What about a hawkeye shirt with a collar??? :)