Orange Bowl: Jaw on Floor

1hawkeye1

Watching OSU/Clemson in Orange Bowl. There is so much speed on the field in this game it is stunning. I don't watch much fb that doesn't involve Iowa, so the speed that is at seemingly every position is just mind blowing to me.

Iowa really is behind in the team speed department. Light years behind.

Watching OSU/Clemson in Orange Bowl. There is so much speed on the field in this game it is stunning. I don't watch much fb that doesn't involve Iowa, so the speed that is at seemingly every position is just mind blowing to me.

not watching, but i will assume that OSU's defense will be exposed. hard to believe a team like that can have as weak of a D that they appear to have.

Agreed. Iowa goes for strength not speed in their workout routines.

Why the hell can't Iowa complete those quick passes across the middle like OSU and Clemson can? Quick slants 8-10 yards for a first down and then they turn around and do almost the exact same play for another first down.

Yep, no doubt about it, Hawks lack the speed to go beyon 8-9 wins.

Speed will get you an extra 4-7 yards on many plays

Speed will give you more options on offense

Speed with give you more big plays

Speedy ball players don't need blockers to hold their blocks for as long.

Absent speed you have more narrow margin for error.

Yep, no doubt about it, Hawks lack the speed to go beyon 8-9 wins.

Speed will get you an extra 4-7 yards on many plays

Speed will give you more options on offense

Speed with give you more big plays

Speedy ball players don't need blockers to hold their blocks for as long.

Absent speed you have more narrow margin for error

Stanford is a perfect example of that.

Why the hell can't Iowa complete those quick passes across the middle like OSU and Clemson can? Quick slants 8-10 yards for a first down and then they turn around and do almost the exact same play for another first down.

Because we almost never try them. Sigh...

Latest posts