Oral exam tonight

SteveGarvey1

Just how are we favored by 13?

You wouldn't think a game vs. Oral Roberts would be big for the program but a loss tonight would seem to grease the skids for Fran's possible departure.

Prove me wrong Hawks and at least come close to covering the spread. Heck, just win by one point please and give us some hope.

Granted I don't know a lot about Oral Roberts, but if Iowa only wins by 1 point, that won't give me a lot of hope.

This seems like won of those lose-lose scenarios. Win big, and that's what was expected.. Tight game or a loss, and I won't feel too warm and fuzzy inside.

Iowa needs to beat a strong opponent before I have some faith.

I used to do anything I could to find a stream of these early games. Used to be I couldn't miss any and would pay for a service for this month. I guess I don't even care to attempt to stream it tonight. Fine if I miss it.

FWIW Oral Roberts lost to Oklahoma State by 5 and Tulsa by 7. They trailed all game vs both teams but hung with them.

BPI claims Iowa has a 94.1% chance to win this game. Seems too high to me after the DePaul Debacle (DePaucle?)

Iowa could lay another stinker, maybe even lose, or they could play much better than they did Monday.

I know it was ugly but it’s crazy how some people are letting one early season loss completely derail the season. Maybe the do suck, but I don’t think anyone can say that for certain just yet.

FWIW Oral Roberts lost to Oklahoma State by 5 and Tulsa by 7. They trailed all game vs both teams but hung with them.

BPI claims Iowa has a 94.1% chance to win this game. Seems too high to me after the DePaul Debacle (DePaucle?)
Oral Roberts usually has solid teams.
This usually wouldn’t be a gimme. But ... college MBB.

They've got some quick guards and really had Oklahoma State on the ropes early on in the year. They like to push the tempo and they could give Iowa the similar problems that DePaul gave them on Monday night. The Blue Demons are more talented, but in terms of play style, the Golden Eagles like to do a lot of the same things.

I enjoy it when Iowa wins, but I've come to learn when they aren't very good it really isn't that important. When De Paul blew them out it didn't bother me at all. I guess Iowa won't win the national championship this year.

I'm hoping Nunge actually shows up tonight. He's probably been the most disappointing player so far. He had an entire year off to build strength and work on his game but he looks way worse than he did as a true freshman.

The clock is ticking with Fran playing Joe T. for me. If I don't see him playing at least starters minutes, Fran is dead to me. The same 5 starters who spotted Depaul a 19 to 2 lead are starting. Kreiner, the only player with a pulse in the first half, still a non-starter. Nunge better look good tonight or it's time for a change. If Iowa loses to apparently a dangerous Oral team it will be interesting if Fran sticks to this line-up. I really want Nudge to look good and Iowa to shoot well.

i guess they passed this oral exam.

maxresdefault.jpg

The clock is ticking with Fran playing Joe T. for me. If I don't see him playing at least starters minutes, Fran is dead to me. The same 5 starters who spotted Depaul a 19 to 2 lead are starting. Kreiner, the only player with a pulse in the first half, still a non-starter. Nunge better look good tonight or it's time for a change. If Iowa loses to apparently a dangerous Oral team it will be interesting if Fran sticks to this line-up. I really want Nudge to look good and Iowa to shoot well.
Is 6 minutes good?

Just how are we favored by 13?

Prove me wrong Hawks and at least come close to covering the spread. Heck, just win by one point please and give us some hope.
Vegas ain’t dumb are they.

But a loss to Oral would not have put in any ear wax on Fran’s skids out of town. He’s here until Pat graduates. Minimum.