Options?

Whenever Iowa loses the most vocal fans call for heads to roll. So my question is this, have we learned nothing from the firing of Tom Davis or even Steve Alford for that matter? Have we forgotten how far the program fell at the end of the Fry era? The number one rule when firing a coach is to have somebody better ready to go, because if you don't it becomes scramble mode and you end up with Todd Licklighter, or the next Ron Zook. So who takes this program to the next level? Nick Saban or Urban Meyer ain't coming to Iowa, so where do we turn if we pull the plug on Ferentz and all of the things these fans detest about him?

The basketball program was a mess when Alford left it. They were not getting better.

I understand what you are saying, but basketball and football are totally different sports from a coaching standpoint.

I'm not calling for KF's head (and never will), but I'll play along. But if the world ended tomorrow and we needed a new coach, my vote would be Brock Spack - head coach for Illinois State. Watch him go places...

I think the most frustrating part is there isn't any separation between Iowa and any of their opponents. Maybe it is a commentary on D-I college football as a whole, but when was the last time Iowa really stomped somebody, physically dominated a team from the outset? It seems everybody hangs around and every Iowa football game is tight into the 4th quarter.

I think the most frustrating part is there isn't any separation between Iowa and any of their opponents. Maybe it is a commentary on D-I college football as a whole, but when was the last time Iowa really stomped somebody, physically dominated a team from the outset? It seems everybody hangs around and every Iowa football game is tight into the 4th quarter.
that is.the style of the hc. he views the game like an nfl game just laying back waiting for the opposition to.make a.mistake instead of going out and making it happen ourselves.

Why would Bob Stoops leave Oklahoma?

Because of the pressure there and because I think he wished he wouldn't have messed up his interview with Iowa. He's had some quotes recently were he's talked very highly of Iowa.

Oklahoma fans call him "Big Game Bob" because they lose some big game they think they should win. He isn't a God there by any means. The expectations at Oklahoma are much higher than at Iowa.

Stoop's dad is buried in a Hawkeye jersey. The family bleeds black and gold. I think he wants to come back here someday.

This is year 3 of a bad swoon, if we aren't at 10 wins next season then its time to go.

No coach this entrenched should have 4 mediocre years. It would show a failing on all levels of the program.

Ill give him the benefit this year and see if the young guys come out next year playing great.

Latest posts