Opening Day is about 10 weeks away. What is your prediction for score and yardage?

clim33

Score: Iowa 38 EIU 10

Yards rushing -
A Rob - 76
B Weg - 70
Rogers - 48

Passing yards
Stanzi - 179
J Vande - 110

Rec yards
McNutt - 69 yards
DJK - 47 yards
Davis - 40 yards
Sandeman - 35 yards
Reisner - 30 yards
Herman - 17 yards
Wegher - 47 yards (1 long screens)
C Fed - 24 yards

Def -
4 sacks (2 for clayborne)
2 picks and about 40 yards of returns

Happy Fathers day to all Dad's

Re: Opening Day is about 10 weeks away. What is your prediction for score and yardag

Iowa 24 EIU 7... pick 6 from Stanzi of course

Re: Opening Day is about 10 weeks away. What is your prediction for score and yardag

45-0 Iowa. Eastern Illinois doesn't even sniff the red zone. A Rob 15 carries 92 yrds 2 short TD runs
lots of 2nd teamers see action in the second half. James Vandenberg 4-5 76yrs and 1 TD. Weinke 2-5 19 yrds. Iowa rushes 230 yrds passes for 260 yrds and 3 tds.
The Defense scores a td on an interception return.

Is Hampton going to be sitting out the first game? Has anything been made official? Just curious as I notice everyone has A-Rob as the leading rusher.

I'd bank on it biz. We'll see though.

27 - 13... i think this game will not be a blowout like most predict. 27 - 6 until late 4th and Eastern adds a garbage TD.

Score: Iowa 41 EIU 0

Yards rushing -
A Rob - 102
B Weg - 79
Rogers - 42

Passing yards
Stanzi - 207
J Vande - 63

Rec yards
McNutt - 89 yards
DJK - 62 yards
Davis - 21 yards
Sandeman - 16 yards
Reisner - 39 yards
Herman - 17 yards

Def -
4 sacks (2 for clayborne)
2 picks and about 40 yards of returns
2 fumbles forced

I think this one will be a straight up curb stomping...62-0
No way in hell EIU gets even close the the endzone. If they do, it's late in the game or a Stanziball run back fro a TD. Other than that I think we see the O-Line surprise everyone and Wegher/Robinson go buck-wild. TD passes to McNutt and DJK. Stanzi has 4 TD passes on the day and NO interceptions. Boy that Koolaid is sweet...

Far less than what i am sure to be are ridiculous predictions...56-0, 49-3, when have we ever done this to a team?

Far less than what i am sure to be are ridiculous predictions...56-0, 49-3, when have we ever done this to a team?

We did that to Maine (46-3) and Syracuse (35-0) a few years back... but other than that, I agree that we don't normally do this.

Has Iowa looked good on opening day for a couple of years? I think they do the normal, start slow, make mistakes to keep other team in it, and pull away in 2nd half.

Just seems like it takes Stanzi a good quarter or two to get warmed up.

17-16. Doesn't hurt to start off like that.

I think this one will be a straight up curb stomping...62-0
No way in hell EIU gets even close the the endzone. If they do, it's late in the game or a Stanziball run back fro a TD. Other than that I think we see the O-Line surprise everyone and Wegher/Robinson go buck-wild. TD passes to McNutt and DJK. Stanzi has 4 TD passes on the day and NO interceptions. Boy that Koolaid is sweet...

KF is a nice guy he would allow a blow out like this. He would pull players from the stands before he would embarrass an other head coach

after last year's near disaster, I think everybody will actually not overlook this game

I think that this could be a curb-stomping, but KF will call off the dogs before it gets ridiculous:

Score: Iowa 35 EIU 0

Yards rushing -
A Rob - 12 for 98, 2 TD
Wegher - 8 for 74, 1 TD
Rogers - 18 for 102, 1 TD

Passing yards
Stanzi - 12/17 for 121 yards, 1 TD
J Vand - 6/11 for 77 yards, 1 TD

Rec yards
McNutt - 21 yards
DJK - 34 yards
Davis - 63 yards, TD