Opening day funny moments

NCHawker

well...we can laugh now.

1. Dolph kept saying Northern Illinois...FIVE TIMES when I stopped listening midway 2nd quarter.

2. Tweet of the day....: " phone call at the half: Seth, this is Mary, he's asleep in the recliner, run what ever you want "

3. As the O picked up where they left off last season..and turned things around... I tried to imagine what Brian would have done in the same circumstances.

3. As the O picked up where they left off last season..and turned things around... I tried to imagine what Brian would have done in the same circumstances.

Brian Ferentz would have done nothing at halftime. If Iowa did not score on the first 2 drives of the game, drives that were scripted, then Iowa had no hope of scoring the rest of the game. In game adjustments were not one of Brian's strengths.

Brian would have repeated the same approach as 1st half and they would have maybe scored 20 by end of game. His presser would have been all about how the team lacked execution.

Brian was not a gifted playcaller by any stretch, but the difference between this game and last season was having a QB that could move his feet just enough to allow time for one of his skill players to make a play. Having a QB play QB instead of a right tackle playing QB is a real game changer. :)

Latest posts