Only Minnesota gets Iowa with a bye week

iowaeric

I think most people are in agreement that having two weeks to prepare for Michigan is a nice luxury to have this year. Then I started thinking who on Iowa's schedule has two weeks to prepare for Iowa? Answer: The Gophers. I was glad to see that and not a team like Wisky, OSU, MSU or especially Northwestern.

I think most people are in agreement that having two weeks to prepare for Michigan is a nice luxury to have this year. Then I started thinking who on Iowa's schedule has two weeks to prepare for Iowa? Answer: The Gophers. I was glad to see that and not a team like Wisky, OSU, MSU or especially Northwestern.

The other thing to look at, too, is who plays Iowa the game BEFORE their bye week. All teams want a win heading into their bye week and they're going to play much harder knowing they have two weeks to rest up. I haven't looked at the schedule to see who plays Iowa as the last game before their bye, but I think Michigan's bye week is after our game with them.

I was thinking the same thing about KF and bye weeks. In fact, I think he has actually advocated getting rid of the bye week. That being said, I think when the bye week happens means something. This one seems to be coming at a good time to get some guys healthy, work on ST, and get the back up RB's some reps.

It won't matter. We could start Wegher at RB and even absent he could probably somehow get 100+ yds on Minny's defense.

Didn't realize the history on the bye week record. I can see why KF is generally wanting to get rid of it. Since 2008 the Hawkeye staff seems to be on a roll when they have extra prep time. I'd love to see the same for the Mich game!