Only differences between '06-'07 and '10-'11 Hawks

okeefe4prez

are Kellen Lewis and James Hardy. Man, when Indiana had two decent players, we couldn't stop them. We've now got two 7-5 seasons in a row that would have been 6-6 seasons if those dudes had been replaced by equally talented players. Thank goodness Indiana is terrible.

The difference between a 6-6 season and a 10-2 season has been about 12 pts over the past few years too. Puts all seasons in perspective.

The Minnesota loss haunts this season. That loss will never go away. The Iowa State one was pretty painful too. That's stinging losses where Iowa should have won.

The Minnesota loss haunts this season. That loss will never go away. The Iowa State one was pretty painful too. That's stinging losses where Iowa should have won.

If we beat Minn., we're 8-4 and people think, "meh, not bad". We lose ONE game we should have won and the entire world is caving in.

The difference between a 6-6 season and a 10-2 season has been about 12 pts over the past few years too. Puts all seasons in perspective.

True, but this year you take away the Miller pick 6 on Persa, give JVB a pick on one of the scoring drives against Pitt and a play or two by Michigan and we're prolly a 4 win ball club. There's just a lot of parity out there and thank god we're not Tennessee.

Because the OP mentions the hated name of J---- H----, I will no longer be voting for a certain OC next November.

If we beat Minn., we're 8-4 and people think, "meh, not bad". We lose ONE game we should have won and the entire world is caving in.

Yeah, that's because when you are paying a guy what KF is making you shouldn't have the line that "the coaching staff is good for at least one loss a year" in your vocabulary. That is what you should use when you have a guy like Ron Zook who is making half of what Kurt is making.

True, but this year you take away the Miller pick 6 on Persa, give JVB a pick on one of the scoring drives against Pitt and a play or two by Michigan and we're prolly a 4 win ball club. There's just a lot of parity out there and thank god we're not Tennessee.
You could have said that any number of years. The years we were 10-2, we were also a few plays away (literally) from being 6-6 or worse. That's just how it goes.

I agree 8-4 feels much better than 7-5. 6-6 would have been hard to swallow and anything less would have been a disaster considering the schedule Iowa had.

The Minnesota loss felt like 2 losses. They are one of the worst teams I've seen in recent Big Ten memory.

I guess I'd rather be 7-5 every few years and know that you're usually in games enough to be 10-2 or better on other years.

The Minnesota loss was inexcusable.
to whom.....because it happened...we lost.

You could say the win against Michigan was inexcusable as well....but I don't hear anyone saying that. Funny how we just focus on the losses.

You could have said that any number of years. The years we were 10-2, we were also a few plays away (literally) from being 6-6 or worse. That's just how it goes.

Yeah, I know. I just get my panties in a bunch sometimes, man. I just want one Rose Bowl so bad, but I know we will not get it with this new B10 system. Hell, if Sparty wins the title game, only Indiana and Minnesota will have longer droughts than Iowa in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah, I know. I just get my panties in a bunch sometimes, man. I just want one Rose Bowl so bad, but I know we will not get it with this new B10 system. Hell, if Sparty wins the title game, only Indiana and Minnesota will have longer droughts than Iowa in the Rose Bowl.
I don't think you can use the Rose Bowl as a measure for success. Use BCS bowl game appearances...but the Rose bowl is not your classic B1G/Pac 10 game.

Ok, this makes no sense.
My point is that EVERY year we win games we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't....but fans only focus on the losses and don't consider that there are probably a few games that we should have loss, but won.

My point is that EVERY year we win games we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't....but fans only focus on the losses and don't consider that there are probably a few games that we should have loss, but won.

Yeah, this is true. That's why there is a split right now between people who like Kirk and people who, well, don't. He has a weird combination of terrible, terrible losses with great, great success (two BCS appearances, had Iowa in National Title contention twice, one BCS win etc.). I don't think there is much precedence for a coach like him who has had such highs and lows once his program was established.

Yeah, this is true. That's why there is a split right now between people who like Kirk and people who, well, don't. He has a weird combination of terrible, terrible losses with great, great success (two BCS appearances, had Iowa in National Title contention twice, one BCS win etc.). I don't think there is much precedence for a coach like him who has had such highs and lows once his program was established.
I get that. I just find it amusing to see people throw out all the good when the bad comes along. I guess since I don't do that, I assume others shouldn't either. My bad.

are Kellen Lewis and James Hardy. Man, when Indiana had two decent players, we couldn't stop them. We've now got two 7-5 seasons in a row that would have been 6-6 seasons if those dudes had been replaced by equally talented players. Thank goodness Indiana is terrible.

I can still hear "Hardy on the catch, Shada with the tackle" over the PA in my sleep, bad bad nightmares!

Latest posts