one week to go.

It is strange ... I just can't get a feel for how this team will perform. I have been a Hawk fan for 33 years ... And most seasons (as I fan) you know what to expect. I won't be surprised if we finish 5-7; 7-5 or 8-4 ... I don't think we will see a duplicate of last season but I am not sure how much stride we will make in one season ... Either way, I am with you OP ... can't wait ...

I am slightly optimistic. Very much looking forward to see how the team performs. Most years Iowa has a cupcake in the first game, not that NIU is a marquee game at all, but they are better than Iowa's usual opening opponent.

I'm pumped up for the season. While I don't expect a miraculous season I am expecting to go 7-5 and getting back to a bowl game. I can't wait for the beatdown we give ISU. I want to visit Cyclone Fanatic and experience the excuses, crying and gnashing of teeth.

I'm pumped up for the season. While I don't expect a miraculous season I am expecting to go 7-5 and getting back to a bowl game. I can't wait for the beatdown we give ISU. I want to visit Cyclone Fanatic and experience the excuses, crying and gnashing of teeth.

Schadenfreude is a cruel mistress.

We have a terrible record at Trice. Why do you think that will change? It's not like most people feel Iowa will have a really good team this year, so it would stand to reason, Iowa would lose in Ames wouldn't it?

We have a terrible record at Trice. Why do you think that will change? It's not like most people feel Iowa will have a really good team this year, so it would stand to reason, Iowa would lose in Ames wouldn't it?

Iowa will not lose in Trice this year. Ferentz knows he cannot afford 3 straight losses to ISU.

Somewhere, there is a team expecting to get 10 wins that will barely get seven. There is also a team expected to get 4 wins that will get 7. Which team would you rather be??

I have the same feeling as some on here. I can't tell where this team will end up at the end of the season.

If all I do is base things off of how Iowa performed last year then I could see Iowa going as low as 5-7. Still not sure how well the offense and defense have adjusted to the new coordinators.

Then on the other hand I'm very optimistic. Hoping that the reason Iowa had such a **** poor season last year was because all of the changes that happened at the coaching ranks. I'm hoping the Iowa players have adjusted over the past 2 years to the style of play. I'm hoping that Jake Rudock fits in the Davis system better. I also think we have much more talent on the defensive side of the ball this year than last. There is a lot of unanswered questions and hope but who knows. If this is the case and players just needed a year or two to adjust then I can see this team doing as good as 9-3 (not including a bowl game).

Also, you can't forget. Iowa was in a lot of games last year. It's not like they completely gave all games away.

Someone needs to get ahold of that kid from Georgia Tech, have him come to Fry Fest and fire up Iowa City.

Latest posts