One Thing I Know: Iowa will be ready

ChosenChildren

Iowa has planned all summer for this game. Brian Ferentz knows how important it is. We didn't reveal much on offense against Wyoming and our All-American center (Daniels) didn't even play. Iowa will be ready with a good, simple game plan and will give maximum effort. That is all you can ask for as an Iowa fan in this game.

Iowa has planned all summer for this game. Brian Ferentz knows how important it is. We didn't reveal much on offense against Wyoming and our All-American center (Daniels) didn't even play. Iowa will be ready with a good, simple game plan and will give maximum effort. That is all you can ask for as an Iowa fan in this game.

How would he know? Family conversations?

Mike Tyson famously said...."Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

The reality is that both teams will be ready. The question is, which one will wilt after getting "punched in the face"? We'll find out in 4 days.....

After the game I think everyone should thank Kirk Ferentz for searching the country to findthe right offensive line coach, and once he found him quickly elevating him to offensive coordinator. Its kind of strange that right after ferentz hired his kid Iowa suffered through two horrible seasons. Its nice he hired an offensive coordinator that was ready to retire after four years so his son could quickly take his place. I think its all kind of silly. If Iowa does get beat Saturday, I think we can all thank Kirk Ferentz and his sons love for iowa football.

loser

We didn't reveal much on offense against Wyoming

False. That Wyoming tape was very carefully constructed because our offensive gurus are playing 4D chess out there while Campbell will be playing checkers. If ISU keeps this game within 2 TDs, I will be surprised.

I have a feeling this will be a one of those classic games where the players all look hungover, like they haven't slept in a week, and are just going through the motions in the first half. I get the idea ISU will get an early lead, and the offense will be playing catch up ball, and that isn't their specialty. Maybe they can pull things together in the fourth quarter, but this isn't your dad's Iowa State Football Team. They are much improved in every area.

I have a feeling this will be a one of those classic games where the players all look hungover, like they haven't slept in a week, and are just going through the motions in the first half. I get the idea ISU will get an early lead, and the offense will be playing catch up ball, and that isn't their specialty. Maybe they can pull things together in the fourth quarter, but this isn't your dad's Iowa State Football Team. They are much improved in every area.

How can they not be improved after the last few years. I mean I still cant believe KF played so conservative in 2014 to lose that that bad of an ISU team.

How can they not be improved after the last few years. I mean I still cant believe KF played so conservative in 2014 to lose that that bad of an ISU team.

Kirk thought the game was over at halftime I think, with us up like 14-3 because ISU was that bad. So, he put the brakes on any offensive imagination and played not to lose. Not in his top 10 coaching memories I'm sure.

Kirk thought the game was over at halftime I think, with us up like 14-3 because ISU was that bad. So, he put the brakes on any offensive imagination and played not to lose. Not in his top 10 coaching memories I'm sure.

Well he should have realized that ISU fumbled at our goal line just before the end of the first half so it was more like a 14-10 game. And yes you are right KF went conservative again until the hawks go behind, seen it many times before.

Well he should have realized that ISU fumbled at our goal line just before the end of the first half so it was more like a 14-10 game. And yes you are right KF went conservative again until the hawks go behind, seen it many times before.

KF didn't go conservative and neither did GD. I was at that game and it was obvious that JR went conservative. The plays were there, big ones, and Jake missed them. Then the interception rattled him. It wasn't much different than all the plays he missed in the Nebraska game....which is one of the reasons that KF named CJB the starter following that season...

Okay guys, hear me out on this one. I think Kirk F and his crew are spending this week preparing for North Texas and the Mean Green. In case you haven't noticed, the last time they visited Kinnick they were coached by one Dan McCarney, a former Iowa assistant and Iowa State Head Football Coach. Ferentz hates it when the old school coaches who do it the right way get fired. He was livid when Lloyd Carr was let go, when Paterno was fired, and especially when Ron Turner was cut loose at Illini. This is what really motivates KF, getting back at schools that fire similar coaches. I think he is still mad at Michigan about the Lloyd Carr thing. The moment the administration in Denton gave Dan (Iowa City native Dan McCarney) his walking papers, the game against North Texas became the most important game of the year. Sure, a win in a non conference game against he instate school would be nice, but its more about getting the players some good practice reps and working out the kinks for the big game next Saturday.

But anyway, its clear that this is just "the week before North Texas week" at the Iowa Football facility.

Like sands through the hourglass......

On this week's episode, MNHawkeyeFreak is late but is concerned about telling okeefe4prez that it could be his or it could be the real Ken O'Keefe's child.