One of the worst parts of Nebraska coming to the Big Ten

After living in a cluster of Nebby fans in a college dorm, I need no "education." They need it - the need to know that the B10 does not have the haples KU and KSTATES of the 1980s, nor does it have a baylor that is crappy in everything. Like Penn State before them, they need to realize their days of cake-walking through an easy division/conference are over.

Nebby vs Big 12/Big 8: .723 winning percentage all time
Nebby vs Big 10: .535 winning percentage all time.

Except for that Penn State was an independent before joining the
Big 10.

I believe Iowa is 7-5 against PSU. I don't think I would call that "owning". OSU owns you, and without seeing any actual numbers, I'm guessing it's still a safe assumption that Iowa has had limited success against Michigan. Iowa is not on par with any of these three teams, and a confernece championship will surely make it harder for Iowa to be successful in football (as successful as last year that is)

But, we have won 7 of the last 8, which is a much more up to date statistic. Minnesota leads the all-time series with us too. Doesn't mean that we don't own in the here and now. And JoePa won't be around forever. When he steps down (or croaks on the sidelines, I have a pool running for what happens first), PSU is going to take a big step back. But our better teams fare pretty well against the top of the conference. In '02-'04, we went 2-1 against Michigan, including a 34-9 drubbing in Ann Arbor. We haven't played OSU recently when both teams were at the top of the conference, but we proved last year that we can beat them when we're at our best. Now that's not going to be every year, but when we are on our "high" runs, we can play with and beat just about anybody.

Latest posts