One of the biggest games ever for Iowa this weekend?

I know these boards have been lighting up lately about each game is just as important as the next and they all have been the biggest game of the year and I agree with that to a point. But this road game against a second place Big 10 team (Michigan State) could:

1) keep us undefeated (nice)
2) keep us in 1st place alone (big)
3) set us up for the last 4 games where 3 of them are at home (huge)
4) put us at 8-0 in 8 games for the first time ever to start a season (historical)

I think I have studied enough Iowa football history now to know that this situation does not come around too often for the University of Iowa, like never. I do not count 1899 and 1900 because there were ties in between starting 7-0 and 8-0. 1921 and 1922 were undefeated seasons but there were only 7 games (which we have matched). The 1920-1923 win streak wont be touched, but that is another topic.

If Iowa wins this Saturday of course next week's game will replace this week's game in historical significance, but we can discuss that next week hopefully.

Yes this is one of our biggest games ever at MSU! I'm feeling better about OSU all the time.

The Biggest game ever in Hawkeye Football History - is the very next game!!!!!

Win - and the stakes get higher.

I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!!!!!!!!!!

It is big,no doubt. I just hope the players avoid any discussion like this or they may get nervous. It is still just one game...and will not make or break our season or our goal...winning the league. I want to see how PSU does at Michigan this weekend but I do think that they are going to go on a roll if they win that game. I think they go into East Lansing and beat Sparty. Clark is a senior qb and Odrick is a monster.
PSU and Iowa will end up as the two best teams,imo.

As long as we stay undefeated, every game is the biggest game since the Orange Bowl loss to USC. Remember, win that game and we finish 3rd (or 2nd?) in the country!

If we roll into Columbus at 10-0, then we can go back further, like to a game in Columbus in 1985.

Last edited: