On to MSU

It's imperative that Garza doesn't get called for two early BS fouls like against Indiana. Neither was a foul but the refs will be going out of their way to call him for one so he should just not play defense.
More than once the refs have called him for screening fouls. So the guards need to make sure Garza is set before using the screen.

Is this the game Fran goes Franimal? I'm not going to blame him if he does. There's going to be so much handsy bullshit, bumps. We need to be damn strong with the ball,a good shrebound, get shots off and going in. Come on Hawks

I think coaches around the league have finally caught up, and they're tired of getting Izzo'ed. Look at Iowa, PSU, Illinois, Rutgers.....More wins changes attitudes and kids start looking at these programs. MSU losing sends a signal to kids looking. Maybe Izzo needs to step down pretty soon; he's lost his luster. Who knows, just my $.02

I know most of us have this as a loss, mainly because we never play well there and we all know that there will be felonies committed in the paint and not called. However, saying that, we can win this game. We match up favorably to MSU.

1. Nobody will be able to body up Garza. He will out-size and out-muscle anyone that MSU has by far.
2. Playing the big lineup with Kreiner, nobody will be able to body him up either.
3. I think this is the opponent we have been waiting for to see Joe T shine. He has the capability to severely limit Winston as long as he stays out of foul trouble. I hope Fran instills confidence in him that he will stick with him through the 5th foul because he will probably use it.
4. I think the matchups of Brown/Wieskamp and Ahrens/CMac will push, although I do believe that Brown will be a problem we have to deal with all game because with Kriener on Tillman, Brown is going to want to take Garza out to the 3 line.

I think we can hammer MSU on the block in a very similar fashion to what we did to OSU. If we can value each possession, bring the energy and stick to the plan I think we can pull it out.

Well, we had a shot there. I really wish Fran would have let Joe T play until he fouled out. And of course I wish Wieskamp would have contributed, I didn't think he would end up with 4 points. I didn't think Watts would have scored 21, but honestly we could have absorbed that had we continued limiting Winston. MSU will go as far as Winston takes them, and we only have one guy that can make things difficult for him. So for Joe T to not use his 5th foul is criminal really because we left that on the table.

Well, we had a shot there. I really wish Fran would have let Joe T play until he fouled out. And of course I wish Wieskamp would have contributed, I didn't think he would end up with 4 points. I didn't think Watts would have scored 21, but honestly we could have absorbed that had we continued limiting Winston. MSU will go as far as Winston takes them, and we only have one guy that can make things difficult for him. So for Joe T to not use his 5th foul is criminal really because we left that on the table.
I don’t get why Fran is so afraid of a player fouling out. If they do they do. But spend that fifth foul on the floor, not holding it on the bench.